N/A build discussion
By Bh3417
#278825 it I'd a b18b1 block bored .20 over eagle knife edged crank acl race bearing arp rod bolts eagle h beam rods srp 10:5:1 comp pistons gsr oil pump water pump gsr head cometic head gasket arp head bolts gsr head with port and polish jg valves jg springs jg retainers Brian crower stage 2 cams skunk2 intake aem fuel rail 440 injectors blox 68 mm throttle body full msd ignition 7lb flywheel stage3 clutch b16 trans I think that's it may be more I'm gonna have it tuned at a local shop how much hp would u estimate to the wheels
By poorman type-r
#278855 Probably 215ish to the wheels. If it had more compression your numbers would climb.
By DontHateonEG8
#278862 how many stickers do you haz on da caaaarrr?!

i kid, i kid.
it's hard to say from the description but probably in the two 100s.
dyno will say for shure, plus dont you want to tune it anyways?
By bks84
poorman type-r wrote:Probably 215ish to the wheels. If it had more compression your numbers would climb.

on a 10.5:1 LS?

who did the port work on the head?

id say in the 180-190's.
By Bh3417
#278904 Jg did the port work I'm gonna have it tuned Im still working on shaving the fire wall I was just curious I'm hoping to make around 210
By JUICE
bks84 wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:Probably 215ish to the wheels. If it had more compression your numbers would climb.

id say in the 180-190's.

first post is a little hard to read but pretty sure i got "gsr head", so yeah 210ish shouldn't be a problem
By EJ1_MK
#278910 Even with a gs-r head he should only make around 190 tops, his compression is not high enough to push over 200, and its all about how the air flow is so if the head has been decked then maybe, but you have to remember that is about the same compression that a gs-r makes stock, he basically made a gs-r with the ls block and added cams and valve train to it so I would put the numbers right around 190 to the wheels even with a good tune.

It takes a lot of money to make over 200 hp in a b-series all motor. And alot more compression than that. 14:5.1 with custom grind cams and stroked 1.8l to a 2.0l with ITB's and stand alone from motec made 240 hp at a local shop with a custom port job and everything else you could name.
By poorman type-r
EJ1_MK wrote:Even with a gs-r head he should only make around 190 tops, his compression is not high enough to push over 200, and its all about how the air flow is so if the head has been decked then maybe, but you have to remember that is about the same compression that a gs-r makes stock, he basically made a gs-r with the ls block and added cams and valve train to it so I would put the numbers right around 190 to the wheels even with a good tune.

It takes a lot of money to make over 200 hp in a b-series all motor. And alot more compression than that. 14:5.1 with custom grind cams and stroked 1.8l to a 2.0l with ITB's and stand alone from motec made 240 hp at a local shop with a custom port job and everything else you could name.

I don't believe that, me and my buddy made a 14.5:1 b20v fully built from the pan to valve cover and made 260 to the wheels.
By bks84
JUICE wrote:
bks84 wrote:

id say in the 180-190's.

first post is a little hard to read but pretty sure i got "gsr head", so yeah 210ish shouldn't be a problem

Yea, I know. I forgot the V. I doubt it makes more than 190. Thats all I'm saying.
By EJ1_MK
poorman type-r wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Even with a gs-r head he should only make around 190 tops, his compression is not high enough to push over 200, and its all about how the air flow is so if the head has been decked then maybe, but you have to remember that is about the same compression that a gs-r makes stock, he basically made a gs-r with the ls block and added cams and valve train to it so I would put the numbers right around 190 to the wheels even with a good tune.

I don't believe that, me and my buddy made a 14.5:1 b20v fully built from the pan to valve cover and made 260 to the wheels.

But did you have to hone the cylinder walls out on the B20? cause even a standard .25 over on a B20 should add a little to the liter size which in turn helps alot. But yeah I watched it get dyno on a dynojet, we even put a stock intake manifold on it and it still make close to 240hp as well I don't know if it could have made more with the stand alone or not.