N/A build discussion
By TENGOKU25
#265447 hi so i just want to know would low compression pistons effect my power as in would i lose some over standard pistons as there mainly for turbo set ups . and its for a stock z6 with basic bolt ons and product im looking at are low compression srp pistons
By RWMIII
#265450 the main area that you are going to feel the power loss is down low. Im curious as to why a low comp NA setup? Or is this just grounds for a turbo build?
By poorman type-r
#265456 Yeah i have seen a fully built NA GSR with 8.5:1 compression, i think it was, and it only made 198whp. Kind of sad.
By TENGOKU25
#265485 well the reason why is i found a set real dead cheap and as my z6 has 200k plus miles on her and no idea what its passed has been .so i thought it be a good thing to get as ill be slowly re building her for reliability .as it will be my D.D / weekend rice up . so not really planing for a low comp set up just thought would be better over my stock 1s for reliability till i got money for b18c so was planing on rocking the z6 for about a year plus
By EJ1_MK
#265489 You could always stay at stock compression or go to a 9.5:1 piston and run boost you would be fine. going lower is safer but it is not needed if your changing pistons and rods out. You could even run higher if you wanted just need more tuning.
By RWMIII
#265533 they may be a good deal right now, but not suggested unless you are going to build a boost setup. just freshen the motor up with some new rings, bearings, etc...
By TENGOKU25
#265545 ok thanks ill pass on them
By Fada Blayne
poorman type-r wrote:Yeah i have seen a fully built NA GSR with 8.5:1 compression, i think it was, and it only made 198whp. Kind of sad.

post a link or something because i highly doubt those numbers were achieved on a low comp all motor build