N/A build discussion
By justchillin
#260637 8) hey guys i picked up a b18c5 the other week. i also had a b16 head so i was going to build a poor mans R . i sent the head block and crank out to the shop to be inspeted. they called back with some bad news the b16 head is trash. so i was thinking ok not a loss i'll just rebuild the b18 head
i want to keep ps and ac this is my d d any input on what kind of n/a route i can go. i do have a gsr trans and mid shaft
By poorman type-r
#260638 Whats your horsepower goal? A built head, basic bolt-ons (Intake, Intake Manifold, Headers, 2.25" Exhaust), ITR pistons and H-Beam Connecting Rods would be a good start :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#260639 Didnt see that you had an ITR block already. Lol nvm on the pistons then.
By justchillin
#260641 i have the head but they told me it spun a bering and could not be repaired. so im going to have to go with the b18 head.

HP goal at least 190 would like to be in the 200's and its a b18c1 not c5
wishful typing
By poorman type-r
#260722 Well everything i listed then should get you 200+ hp. Get Crower Stage 2 cams, AEM Tru-Yime cam gears, Skunk2 or Crower valvetrain, Hytech headers, Skunk2 pro series Intake Mani., AEM Cold Air Intake and yeah get the high comp. ITR pistons with aftermarket rods and you will be set bro. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#260723 Crower :thumb:
By 94EJ2
#260758 Did anyone else notice that it says b18c5 witch is he itr motor

if its a gsr its b18c1 of coarse thats if they are not jdm motors
By justchillin
#260773 i know i miss listed it as a b18c5 again sorry. it is a c1. thanks poorman type-r for the help in the right direction.