N/A build discussion
By slow_learner456
#255374 has anyone on here accomplished one of these set ups?

home made from a bike throttle body setup?

and what would be the ideal bike to get the tb's from for a b16?

thanks
By forcefedEG
#255409 There was a thread on homemadeturbo.com about this the guy had good success with making a itb setup for a b series, he gave very detailed pics and info, just trying to help, I stumbled onto it from a Google search before, :thumb:
By slow_learner456
#255528 i found that last night. i spent a few hours reserching it so far i have this and bidding on a few things on ebay.

06 cbr 1000 throttle bodies (from what i understand the tps sensor is direct plug and play so thats a plus

another b16 manifold to cut up.

velocity stacks.

clamps and tube.

ill build it then take it apart and do a little write up on here maybe someone else will be interested in doing it. it looks like it cost less then 250 bux

but ill find out after i build it and put it on
By Aldo91
#255537 i would love to see that if you dont mind :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#255542 itb's are cool for looks, but they barely help ur power

a member here had itbs on a gsr(iirc)
and he only gained like 7hp and 15 ft. lbs

imho it wasnt worth it
but yes i wanna see the write up too
By slow_learner456
#255661 im definatly only doing it for the looks and the sound.

i just won 06 cbr 1000rr tb's for 30 mucks shipped on ebay.

in the next week or so i think im going to order a cheap ebay intake manifold from the i love taco seller. its 100 bucks and im just gunn cut it in half.

im going to wait until the tb's come so i can measure them. then ask that seller to give me the measurements between the runners.

as far as iv read the 1000rr diameter is 44mm which should be plenty big for a b16.

but i will keep you guys posted in the next few weeks as i gather parts to do this