N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#238867 gsr and ls rods are different lengths since the stroke of each crank is different.

If you can get the specs on the piston you should be able to see how the piston will sit in the motor.
By Fada Blayne
#238896 I've been unable to find the specs on the pistons. But I'm also on my mobile. they are 12.5:1cp JE's if one of u guys don't mind looking it up for me.
By That One Dude
#239329 "Stage 2's" means nothing, to be completely honest. You need to worry about the actual lift and duration of the cams rather than what stage they are. Stage 2 can be either Tuner series or Pro series with Skunk2, giving different lift and duration (assuming you are planning on going with Skunk2 cams).

If your buddy says the OEM head gaskets are lasting only 2 years, he's building the engines wrong. I had 175,000 miles on my last Integra on the original head gasket. Granted, that was on a stock long block, but it should last more than 2 years...just saying...

I'd use a stock head gasket if you're worried about valve clearances. And if your machine shop has experience with Honda engines, they will be able to tell you if your valves and pistons will clear each other properly then make a recommendation if they don't.
By Fada Blayne
#239727 No he said he prefers OEM gaskets more than Cometics
By That One Dude
#239731 Yeah that's what I read. But your buddy also says his engines have run through an OEM head gasket in 2 years. If it's built right, the head gasket should last until you take the head off either to build the engine/head, or do a repair on some other part of the engine/head.
By Fada Blayne
#242394 Piston rings finally came in. My seller had em on back order. Bump!
By Fada Blayne
#248564 Bump!
By That One Dude
#248585 What up mayn. Any updates aside from rings coming in?
By Fada Blayne
#248590 Well things have been coming along fine, the machinist has already started working on my bottom end and I traded my gsr head for a b16b one a friend of mine had chillin in his garage. He wants to keep his cams tho so I'll be using stock gsr ones for now most likely. I lost my job so I don't have as much money to play around with.

My block is bare! So I'm trying to source all the missing pieces for it right now. Windage tray, thermostat housing, etc :thumbdown:
By Greasedmonkey
#248650 I was all about to try and get you to buy my cams, til I saw you lost your job.

Well, that sucks. I know how you feel now. If you come across money, let me know. I have some nice cams that should help you make power.
By Fada Blayne
#248682 Lol I think about those cams @ least twice a week
By Greasedmonkey
#248712 THey need a home...
By Fada Blayne
#258133 still got them cams?
By Fada Blayne
#268146 Getting a CSS(cylinder support system) installed and i also decided to invest in a port and polish! No more leaving my coupe in the dust lol
By Fada Blayne
#286181 Bought a complete Jackson Racing Supercharger kit off my boy 8)

This think is going to be a ton of fun once its all finished.

I know some of you might be wondering why I would want to supercharge my high compression motor but it has been done and with an immaculate tune i will be able to DD it making around 280-300whp.

My boy was making 286whp with a setup similar to mine and was dd his car for two years.

Wish me luck!