N/A build discussion
By Fada Blayne
EG6b20R wrote:
Fada Blayne wrote:Thanks Mr Brooks. Well it's finally.almost that time :) only thing left to go is align bore my head and find myself a good Gsr tranny. Would've loved a type r tranny but i'm still without a job so ill have to do without for now.

I also need an an s300 but egb20r has to be Mr baller and have two of them instead of hooking his favorite Jamaican up lol. I already took my other motor out so stay tuned guys, will upload pictures soon :thumb:

LMAO!! what do you mean i only have just 1 S300 unit!!! :thumb:

For now :roll:
By SkunkDcivic
#298640 It's like an lsvtech but in a gsr as long as its ls rods and pistons you'll be fine no problems
By bigpunn421
#308684 any updates?
By Fada Blayne
#311024 Currently unemployed man :( . That has put a halt on things
By bks84
#311025 move to MO, I can get you a job :)
By Fada Blayne
#311036 Easier said than done. But hopefully I'll be back in one very soon
By Fada Blayne
#324699 Finally working again guys, trying to get this this finished asap! Block has been completed will post pictures soon. As for the head, im in the process of upgrading my valvetrain and installing the H22 LMA's. Also doing research on what cams to get. All input is appreciated.

Ive been toying with the idea of getting either Skunk 2 Pro1's or Buddy Club Spec 3's. Im just a bit hesitant seeing that my pistons sit high and that LS stroke is up there, dont want no piston to valve action :roll:
By bks84
#324701 Get on HT and talk to DDtech/ALL M0T0R, he can recommend a cam or make you one thatll work best with your setup.
By Fada Blayne
#324702 Im familiar with DDtech. Ive actually been considering to have him make me a set but at 800+ I cant afford it right now. Not a honda tech member lol
By bks84
#324710 I was lookin for a set of M24's for my motor, and he was able to provide them at a reasonable cost. Like I said, he can probably recommend a cam for you at the very least.

Not a member on HT? wut?

anyway you can find him on Facebook too...

http://www.facebook.com/customcams?fref=ts
By Fada Blayne
#325158 I'll try to take pictures this week :D I'm aware of the fact that I haven't posted any. Not cool lol
By Eg6H2D
#325159 :woot:
Last edited by Eg6H2D on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fada Blayne
#325260 So a friend of mine offered to sell me his CTR cams for $250 and considering the fact that i currently have no cams im considering getting them. They arent exactly what i was looking for but i'll temporarily rock them for a little while til i can afford better cams.

Im a bit concerned about piston to valve issues with them though. They should be fine considering the fact that I have Aftermarket pistons with extra valve reliefs tho...

Insight appreciated :thumb:
By bigpunn421
Fada Blayne wrote:So a friend of mine offered to sell me his CTR cams for $250 and considering the fact that i currently have no cams im considering getting them. They arent exactly what i was looking for but i'll temporarily rock them for a little while til i can afford better cams.

Im a bit concerned about piston to valve issues with them though. They should be fine considering the fact that I have Aftermarket pistons with extra valve reliefs tho...

Insight appreciated :thumb:

if the cams are not what you want dont get them. those cams are good for daily driving.

if you concerned about the p2v take your time and measure it. clay is your friend. measuring it takes time but well worth it.

its always better to go bigger than smaller for reliability but for performance you want it perfect.

also for the lma's is that the old style vs new style? is one spring style and the other hydro?

i think all 98+ honda b18c motors have the newer lma. not sure tho. the newer h22 should be similar to itr lma.

http://www.inlinefour.com/imoembvtlomo.html

take pics and show what you needed to do to swap them in. i hate the ticking