N/A build discussion
By EJ1_MK
#286266 This sounds like it will be a blast once its done.
By Fada Blayne
#286267 It should be, i wish someone would buy me a camera for xmas so that i could take pictures.... *hint hint*
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:It should be, i wish someone would buy me a camera for xmas so that i could take pictures.... *hint hint*

It's called master the art of taking pictures with your Expesive ass new phone!! Duuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:lol:
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:Bought a complete Jackson Racing Supercharger kit off my boy 8)

This think is going to be a ton of fun once its all finished.

I know some of you might be wondering why I would want to supercharge my high compression motor but it has been done and with an immaculate tune i will be able to DD it making around 280-300whp.

My boy was making 286whp with a setup similar to mine and was dd his car for two years.

Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!

"Immaculate Tune".. :lol: DSG B Money!!! :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#286701 thats who tuned penels car :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#294180 no significant updates. got layed off from my job and no im just coolin. Picking eveything up from the machine shop in a few weeks. Car is currently off the road and im parting with my single cam and the parts that go with it.

My boy made 286whp with a similar setup. No issues with the dyno.
he used a ported type r head, 82mm cp 12.5:1 pistons, eagle rods,etc. its quite doable.

As a matter of fact another buddy of mine has a s/c high comp gsr that was just tuned and he got 278whp out of his. Dif dyno and tuner
By dbrooks
#294604 I cleaned up your thread :thumb:

Nice build :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#296799 Thanks Mr Brooks. Well it's finally.almost that time :) only thing left to go is align bore my head and find myself a good Gsr tranny. Would've loved a type r tranny but i'm still without a job so ill have to do without for now.

I also need an an s300 but egb20r has to be Mr baller and have two of them instead of hooking his favorite Jamaican up lol. I already took my other motor out so stay tuned guys, will upload pictures soon :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:Thanks Mr Brooks. Well it's finally.almost that time :) only thing left to go is align bore my head and find myself a good Gsr tranny. Would've loved a type r tranny but i'm still without a job so ill have to do without for now.

I also need an an s300 but egb20r has to be Mr baller and have two of them instead of hooking his favorite Jamaican up lol. I already took my other motor out so stay tuned guys, will upload pictures soon :thumb:

LMAO!! what do you mean i only have just 1 S300 unit!!! :thumb:
By couch_c
#297764 1.9L? 0_0 what motor is that?
By Eg6H2D
couch_c wrote:1.9L? 0_0 what motor is that?

GSR Block LS Crankshaft. A mix of both plus bore bring up the displacement a bit.
By bks84
#298177 286... really? what dyno... chassis, hub or engine?
By bigpunn421
bks84 wrote:286... really? what dyno... chassis, hub or engine?

i said same thing then it got deleted......

any updates on this build?
By bigpunn421
EG6b20R wrote:
couch_c wrote:1.9L? 0_0 what motor is that?

GSR Block LS Crankshaft. A mix of both plus bore bring up the displacement a bit.

it brings up displacement slightly but the real difference is the stroke. gives you more low end but harder to rev safe. the stroke to piston ratio is differnt on both motors. the high revs ginv you hp and the low rev stroke gives you torque.

really its a 1835cc or something so its still a 1.8l if you bore the pistons to b20 specs its a 1.9l

its hard to rev these ls crank gsr blocks high to blieve me. thats why its harder to get more hp even though its a bigger displacement.

more vibrations from the motor too. which causes crank walk making this setup hard to keep reliable
By Fada Blayne
#298603 Not planning to rev past 8500rpm. Can't afford to break it.
Last edited by Fada Blayne on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.