N/A build discussion
By asianrob
#235032 i for one think you should upgrade the valve springs and retainers.

those stock ones can only hold so much before they start failing.
By Ramon Rodriguez III
#235171 thanks for the info.. i figure changing them out but wanted to see if anyone had issues with stock valve springs.. but upgrade is always good..
By poorman type-r
#235532 Yeah I heard of people running a stock valvetrain with stage 1 cams but why risk it? Might as well spend a few hundred more bucks to guarantee your head wont fail.
By bserius
#250777 i had crower stage 1s on my stock gsr head with over 140k and revd it to 9k all the time and never broke it
By That One Dude
#250844 Just because your experience was good, doesn't mean the OP's experience will also be good with stock valve springs.

OP, I'd stay away from Blox. I've seen the aftermath of a spring failure after 300ish miles of simple daily driving in a B18C1. It's not pretty, and not cheap. Blox are a cheap cheap cheap spin off of Skunk2. Granted, with all bad stories, there are also good stories. I know people who run the Blox valve springs on the track with no problems. It's all te luck of the draw, but when you buy high quality parts, you get what you pay for. That goes the same for the less expensive parts.
By d16z6boy93
#261313 well what would you say are "good" brands im looking to do a stage 1 or2 cam in my d16z6 with high compresson valves
By RWMIII
d16z6boy93 wrote:well what would you say are "good" brands im looking to do a stage 1 or2 cam in my d16z6 with high compresson valves

Here is a D16 cam comparision page:

http://psytronix.org/engine/local_copie ... hafts.html
By poorman type-r
#261317 Supertech valves, Crower camshaft.
By That One Dude
#261387 Crower full valvetrain. Can't go wrong with all matching components.
By CaptainSlow
#264004 I would also suggest a complete kit from Kelford...Or Ferrea Valvetrain , with Kelford Cams or Buddy club .
By Greasedmonkey
#264040 Toda, Skunk2, Crower, Supertech...there is a long list of quality valve train makers.