N/A build discussion
By 93hatcheg
#220880 i know that the intake side of a head should not be messed with when it comes to changing the shapes and what not of the ports because they are perfectly engineered for correct air flow paths.

however is that the same with the exhaust side? or can the echaust ports be opened up to match the exhaust gasket all the way through the port.

i ask because i know messing with the intake side too much can be bad and make you lose power but is that the case with exhuast too?
By 93hatcheg
#220984 yea i considered that expect i was told that once you have 2.5" exhaust piping back pressure is pretty much out the window. also i will be running a test pipe and a resinator.

if anyone has any insight on porting and polishing the exhaust side of a head let me know. my intake side should be done tommorow and ill post pics :thumb:
By robster
#220991 Don't enlarge the ex port just clean the casting marks and give it a nice texture with a 80grid flapwheel DO NOT POLISH ANY PORT
on the in side
don't take much from the port flor just clean it up you can open up the florroof and open up the intake side 1mm larger then the intake mani.

http://www.onecamonly.com/showthread.php?t=2347&highlight=head+porting

http://www.onecamonly.com/showthread.php?t=1142&highlight=head+porting

a lot of info!
By 93hatcheg
#221120 ok cool im gonna look over those threads! but yea i didnt port anything on the intake side because i know that the chances of completly fucking my head are easy. all i did on the intake side was polish it smooth i didnt enlarge anything.

as for the exhaust side, your saying i should just do the same as i did to the intake side by just polishing it making it a smooth basically chrome finish.
By 93hatcheg
#221194 ok cool well i do find it weird that it called port and polish if you dont actually polish it however what he says makes perfect sense. i will grab some 80grit and sand it as smooth as possible with that