N/A build discussion
By AutoXCivic
jdmb20beg wrote:will do! also in the works of getting my crower cams soon

Which one's are you going with? I'm excited to see the results of this build.
By jdmb20beg
#218040 i havent yet decided between 403 or 404s probably whichever i can find cheaper. also ive decided on a blox intake manifold 310 cc injectors and ive decided to leave my pistons as they are. they are probe pistons something like 11.1 cr. the owner before me paid a pretty penny for them and i didnt see any sense in swapping them out. they are practically new
By AutoXCivic
jdmb20beg wrote:i havent yet decided between 403 or 404s probably whichever i can find cheaper. also ive decided on a blox intake manifold 310 cc injectors and ive decided to leave my pistons as they are. they are probe pistons something like 11.1 cr. the owner before me paid a pretty penny for them and i didnt see any sense in swapping them out. they are practically new

Keep in mind that slapping the p8r head on is going to drop your CR a little bit (~0.2), the combustion chamber is 47cc as opposed to 45cc on the p75. You could shave the head a smidge to make up for that if you wanted to. You may want to go with the 403s just for that reason because those 404s looooove compression. You probably wouldn't be using them to their full potential.
By jdmb20beg
#218042 okay sweet 403s so how much do you think i should shave?
By Greasedmonkey
#218083 you should actually get the 404s. Much better cam. You can through the 404s on a Stock B20z with the 9.6 CR and be just fine. Ive seen someone put them in a B20b block with a p8r head and still make 140whp. Thats only like 8.5:1.
By AutoXCivic
Greasedmonkey wrote:you should actually get the 404s. Much better cam. You can through the 404s on a Stock B20z with the 9.6 CR and be just fine. Ive seen someone put them in a B20b block with a p8r head and still make 140whp. Thats only like 8.5:1.

Listen to this guy, sounds like he's more knowledgeable than I am. I did see one dyno where someone used the 404s at stock compression and had decent results. I haven't looked into B-series stuff in a while so my knowledge is a little rusty and deteriorated.

Now I really am itching to try this build out.
By Greasedmonkey
#218116 I will be putting 404s in mine. Since I do have the P8r head my CR is a bit lower than the 9.6 the b20z has stock.