N/A build discussion
By Adrian91
#214036 Ive got a B18c Sir-G with stock internals, if i wanted to put like Stage 2 Skunk2 cams, would i have to do anything else? Like upgrade injectors, fuel rail....etc?
By {ikon}EM1
#214037 Cam gears to adjust the cams...u don't really need fuel componets unless u r like roadracing or going for boost... id go for a head rebulid with beefer parts like better valves, ratainers ect :blah: not much more but it all depends on what ur going for...
By Adrian91
#214043 daily driver, with occasional road races here and there. Just looking for a little extra power
By 93hatcheg
#214045 stage 1's just slap em in there you should be good for the type of driving your gonna be doing. stage 2 you might get away with, anything more gonna need a good valve train
By Eg6H2D
Adrian91 wrote:daily driver, with occasional road races here and there. Just looking for a little extra power

Stage 1, and a good tune! For example Hondata to get the most power out of the new cams. since they will open up the valves more good to get more air and fuel in. ur stock injectors are good for about 220-250hp, because you can raise the duty cycle on them... =].

anyhting abouve stage 1 requires new valve springs at the most.. u dont want your valves to float and bend and fall in on the piston..

go for it. Stage 1!!

:woot:
By That One Dude
#214870 +1 on the adjustable cam gears.

+1 on the Hondata or some other ECU tuning program.

You won't see a huge power gain if you don't have a header, full exhaust, and upgraded intake manifold, but you will see a few extra ponies.

High performance cams are simply airflow modifiers. They change the amount of open space for the air to get sucked into the cylinder/pushed out of the cylinder, as well as the amount of time the valves are open/closed. Without proper supporting mods, you won't see much in gains.
By faedzB18C
Adrian91 wrote:Ive got a B18c Sir-G with stock internals, if i wanted to put like Stage 2 Skunk2 cams, would i have to do anything else? Like upgrade injectors, fuel rail....etc?

this is what you should do to gains ur engine power better, my suggestion:
01-PCT piston (b16b)
02-valve spring + retainer
03-skunk2 intake manifold
04-oversized throtle body 65-70mm
05-clutch racing
06-header
07-camshaft
08-adjustable cam gear
By poorman type-r
#216570 LS crank and rods, CP 12.5:1 pistons, Skunk2 Valve Springs and Titanium retainers, JUN3 cams, AEM Tru-Time cam gears, Tri-y Headers, Blox or ITB's (if you have money). Port and Polish, ACT stage 2 or 3 clutch, 2 1/2" exhaust (manderal bent), Hondata and you will be set. Probably push close to 230whp.
By Greasedmonkey
#218001 For the stage 2 cams you will need at least valve springs and retainers to keep the valves where they belong. you will need cam gears to make use of the new cams and a tune to make use of it all.
By berg89
#218014 Im hearing great info. :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#219915 The man asked about cams not a built engine guys lol. But like some have said, you will @ least need double valve springs to prevent valve float. If u are interested in headers you can find a megan racing one brand new starting @ $130 :thumb: . The big question is wat do u want ultimately[b] from this motor?