N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#214466 IMO its not worth it to chase after a Parts company in terms of power or speed. You will never keep up. They are way to funded.
By poorman type-r
#214475 Well what would I have to get for my tranny to handle the power? Also I have always wanted to build and all motor because everybody in my town thinks that a little 4 cylinder can't push out enough power to even make a 12 second 1/4. So proving them wrong will make this build that much more sentimental.
By That One Dude
#214503 You can roll mid 11s in a gutted, caged hatch pushing 250whp NA. I've seen it done.

For the tranny, MFactory makes a really good gear set, carbon synchro set, and final drive set. They're not stupid expensive either, as compared to higher end companies. And a limited slip is in order. Kaaz, Quaife, MFactory, so long as it's a well known company with a good reputation, you're golden.
By Greasedmonkey
#214548 A stock tranny can handle the power just fine. No need to dish out thousands on MFactory gears.
By Greasedmonkey
#214657 I Believe you can change the ratios and they are stronger. Better synchros. Check out their site. I believe its www.mfactory.com. If that isnt it, google it.
By poorman type-r
#214664 For sure. Thanks for all the input guys. Instead of Crowed cams would M24x cams be better or even custom cams?
By Greasedmonkey
#214699 The Rocket stuff is pretty good. Those cams are in the mid range for them. Depends on what CR they like.
By poorman type-r
#214790 Yeah, I mean I want this build to happen but I ran the numbers and its going to cost+ 20 grand.
By Greasedmonkey
#214803 Eh? Sounds a bit pricey. Mine was no where near that and should have made about 200 whp.
By That One Dude
#214840 I agree, the stock transmission can handle the power, but that much power in a race only car that is going to see nothing but the drag strip? That's reason enough for me to build the trans up. Consider the burnout, launch, and shifting. There's a shitload of forces acting against the gears and differential literally in an instant on the burnout and the launch.

At the very least, I'd say get an LSD and a beast mode clutch.