N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#22757 This is where I am going to post up the progress of my Engine build. It wont be the fastest build Im still waiting on a GSR shortblock. I cant seem to find one anywhere.

Lets start it off. I picked these up last night arround 11pm from a guy coming to houston to get some tail lights for his girls car.

Parts List:

Short Block (ITR or GSR) soon!
Skunk2 IM
Skunk2 TB
ARP Headstuds
Skunk2 Cam Gears
Skunk2 Valvesprings and retainers
ACL bearings
Honda HG
Injectors (SIze?)
B16a Head [own]
Toda Spec B cams [own]
CTR pistons [own]

Im picking up the head and cams on monday. Bought a B16a head with some Toda Spec B cams.

I aslo picked these two items up from honda yesturday. They dont have anything to do with the motor but I thought I would share them anyways.

Last edited by Greasedmonkey on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Greasedmonkey
#22867 PCT pistons = CTR.

I also just today picked up my B16a head and Toda Spec B cams.

Got my price quote on my Valves, Springs and retainers. $500 shipped from Supertech.
By ChicagoMike
#22868 What compression ratio are you shooting for with this set up??
By Greasedmonkey
#22870 Gsr short block and the B16a with those pistons is 11.7:1
By ChicagoMike
Greasedmonkey wrote:Gsr short block and the B16a with those pistons is 11.7:1

That'll be a fun daily driver! 8)

Since your probably gonna tune it on pump gas, whats your premium octane rating out there??
By Greasedmonkey
#22892 93 octane
By Greasedmonkey
#23088 Tonight I picked up my valve cover which I stripped and attacked with a gringer, and my new quieter exhuast. Still waiting to get pics of all the new stuff.
By chnzgoofball
#24532 anything new? new pix? just curious?
By Greasedmonkey
#24554 not yet..i moved into an apartment wiht my girl and cant spend money on it like i could. I did get the valve seals. Im still waiting on a short block. When i get my next check i will start getting more parts again. I still need to get the springs and retainers for the head and thats pretty much done.
By Greasedmonkey
#24898 I did get some great news today at work. The guy I work with got ahold of his friend that is selling the short block I am now getting. A JDM ITR unit. He also had one more ITR shortblock and a GSR shortblock.
By Greasedmonkey
#25055 Yep. Im hoping it will be legal for a honda challenge class.
By DJ NeX
#25059 What header?
By Greasedmonkey
#25060 Right now, I just have a Megan Racing, but I will be getting a Hytech.