N/A build discussion
By dro21
#189675 Alright im going to pick up the engine next week and ima need help reaching my goals of naturally aspirated goodness..lol.

-Rebuilding the engine with the allmotor hi comp kit from fjdisteibutors which consists of:
-81mm pct type r domed pistons
-hastings piston rings
-timing belt
-water pump
-acl duraglide rod bearings
-acl duraglide main bearings
-acl thrust washers
- all gaskets

-for camshafts idk which can somebody recomend a emission freandly camshafts that arnt super expensive
-arp head stud/bolt kit
-skunk2 intake manifold..should i use stock Tb?
-megan racing 4-2-1 header
-whale penis intake
And some more stuff im forgeting..give me ur opinions, recomendations..or watever u gotta say:)
By dro21
#189686 Anybody :?
By dro21
#189730 ECHO!?!?!?!? :eh: :zzz: everybodys ignoring me :cry:
By chrono404
#189736 If your going N/A power, Then Bisimoto is hands down where you want to go. Hes in SoCal as well so he should be able to let you know what cams will pass smog.

Sounds like a good engine build. It should make a good deal of N/A Power Especially with some good tuning. If you want even more when done, Having a separate fuel cell of e85 or Race gas and a Wet Nitrous kit would be an awesome route to go. :thumb:
By dro21
chrono404 wrote:If your going N/A power, Then Bisimoto is hands down where you want to go. Hes in SoCal as well so he should be able to let you know what cams will pass smog.

Sounds like a good engine build. It should make a good deal of N/A Power Especially with some good tuning. If you want even more when done, Having a separate fuel cell of e85 or Race gas and a Wet Nitrous kit would be an awesome route to go. :thumb:

I didnt kno bisi made cams for b18a1?
By forcefedEG
#190127 b20 cams are bump up over the ls cams, and you wouldnt have to upgrade anything.... :thumb: i like the low end the b2o cams add
By justin_bisimoto
dro21 wrote:
chrono404 wrote:If your going N/A power, Then Bisimoto is hands down where you want to go. Hes in SoCal as well so he should be able to let you know what cams will pass smog.

I didnt kno bisi made cams for b18a1?

We do have B18 cams :thumb: Our level 1 is our emissions "friendly" camshaft.
By 99cx
forcefedEG wrote:b20 cams are bump up over the ls cams, and you wouldnt have to upgrade anything.... :thumb: i like the low end the b2o cams add

you mean you can but B20 cams in a B18?? lol or im i confused?
By MI_excoupe
#190266 Definitely go with Bisimoto cams. They are the best (IMO) for n/a power.
By That One Dude
99cx wrote:
forcefedEG wrote:b20 cams are bump up over the ls cams, and you wouldnt have to upgrade anything.... :thumb: i like the low end the b2o cams add

you mean you can but B20 cams in a B18?? lol or im i confused?

Yes, you can put the B20 cams in the B18. The head castings are the same.

I agree, Bisi is awesome. My only issue is that I can't seem to find the lift/duration/overlap information on the Level 1 cams.

And if you want a few other options:

www.briancrower.com
www.rocketms.com
By 99cx
#190279 how come i was never aware of this? haha.
any difference in putting them in a B18B1?
By MI_excoupe
#190282 There shouldn't be any differences. I'm pretty sure the internals and all that are the same for the a1 and b1.
By That One Dude
#190283 Not much at all. There's only a few tenths of a millimeter difference in lift between the B18B1 and the B20B4 cams. But the difference is a little more from the B18A1 to the B20B4.

You would only benefit from this if you get the cams for free.
By forcefedEG
That One Dude wrote:
You would only benefit from this if you get the cams for free.

yeah i had mad b20 left overs setting around when i stuck those cams in my ls, really i had nothing in them... :lol: if you can get them for 50 bucks or less itd be worth it imo... :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#190418 you will need machine work on the stock b18 rods as well. the small end needs to be shaved done to make thinner.