N/A build discussion
By j0keefe21
#189422 ok so basically i got a d16z6 with the ls rods and gx pistons. it has full bolts ons and a port matched head... what i was wondering is if i should invest the money into a cam for this setup? i have read conflicting threads about if its worth it or not.i was just wondering with my high of compression would i see noticeable gains with say a zex 59300... also this set up will be seing nitrous at somepoint thanks
By 93hatcheg
#189470 imo opinion thats a no brainer! buy the cam i feel that for a build that nice a cam should have been sought after before the ls rods. thats my 2cents
By forcefedEG
#189496 with what you have done you wouldnt be wasting your money imo... :thumb:
By j0keefe21
#189678 yea i was just trying to build a solid block and build the head after... now should i go with something like the crower stage 2 with the higher lift or the zex thats has more duration on the exhaust side for my nitrous?
By MI_excoupe
#190269 I would think that the Zex would be better for a nitrous setup. Just for the simple fact that it's made by a company known for nitrous so they might build the cam specifically for motors with nitrous. I don't know for sure though, I've never had to do anything with nitrous at all yet.
By Greasedmonkey
#190424 you will a pretty big cam to make use of that cr. i dont think stage two cams will be enough.