N/A build discussion
By ChicagoMike
#18759 You cannot use a b18c (Gsr) crank in a b16a motor because the b16a block is physically shorter than the b18c block. You can use a Gsr crank in a b16B block as it's the same as a b18c block. However you'd just end up with a b18c GSR block anyway. A B16b is just a de-stroked b18c. A b16a is an entirely different motor and block all together. The only crank you could swap into the b16a block is a 92-93 B17 GSR crank (1.7L) which would give you a little more stroke, you'd have to use the b17 rods as well.
By ChicagoMike
fresh eh2* wrote:If I was to use the b17 crank and rods would the b16 pistons fit onto the b17 rods?

As far as I know....yes, but you're talking such a little increase in stroke, you could probably just do headwork and get the gains your looking for, with less headache. :thumb:
By fresh eh2*
#18764 Ohh ok....yeah I get what your saying yea it would be betta to juss do head work......wheneva I have any type of engine question I always turn to u lol u got ALL the info lol thanks man much appriciated
By ChicagoMike
fresh eh2* wrote:Ohh ok....yeah I get what your saying yea it would be betta to juss do head work......wheneva I have any type of engine question I always turn to u lol u got ALL the info lol thanks man much appriciated

No problem, thats what I'm here for. :thumb:

Build the head!! Its a great starting platform for any future mods. I did things backwards, now I'm not making as much power as I could be.
By ChicagoMike
fresh eh2* wrote:Yeah that is what I plan to do....skunk2 stage 1 cams/skunk2 manifold imma start off with that and go from there

I dont think B16 valvetrain will hold up very well with those cams, invest in the Skunk2 springs and retainers as well.

The other thing thats important is a quality header. Save your pennies because that is another part that is important to an all motor build.

"You get back what you put in"......remember that!! :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
fresh eh2* wrote:What's your opinion on the ITR header?

Its not a bad header, but remember....its a stock header.

DTR/SSR, SMSP, or Hytech. :thumb:

At the very least, get a Hytech replica, I've seen them make good power. They're advertised on Honda-tech all the time.