N/A build discussion
By fresh eh2*
#18166 Engine:b16A3

when i finally rebuild this motor i wanna upgrade some stuff on it.The thing is im not sure what brand to really trust that are gonna give me decent gains in HP and torque.Im looking to upgrade
Cams
Intake Manifold
Headers
Throttle body maybe?
as for cams i know skunk2 stands out from the rest but what about crower?and blox? i herd some good things about those companys also.
-for a intake manifold i was told skunk2 would be the best for my motor.
-i read somewhere that the type r headers give pretty good gains.
-i was thinking maybe a skunk2 throttle body.
what do you guys think?
Im open to any suggestions,recommandations or anything.
By chnzgoofball
fresh eh2* wrote:Engine:b16A3

when i finally rebuild this motor i wanna upgrade some stuff on it.The thing is im not sure what brand to really trust that are gonna give me decent gains in HP and torque.Im looking to upgrade
Cams
Intake Manifold
Headers
Throttle body maybe?
as for cams i know skunk2 stands out from the rest but what about crower?and blox? i herd some good things about those companys also.
-for a intake manifold i was told skunk2 would be the best for my motor.
-i read somewhere that the type r headers give pretty good gains.
-i was thinking maybe a skunk2 throttle body.
what do you guys think?
Im open to any suggestions,recommandations or anything.

blox is exactly similar to skunk2 the story with that, that i heard... was that a guy from skunk2 quit and started blox... so they are pretty much the same.. but the main question is if your on a budget? if not, ure setup sounds good but go with headers that addictiveallmotor has... forgot the brand at the moment... rage headers are pretty decent
By ChicagoMike
#18185 I'm a HUGE fan of Skunk2!!

On your motor......

Skunk2 springs and retainers
Skunk2 stage1 cams
ITR intake manifold and throttle body
RC310 injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hondata s100

Then finally the bad ass header......

Me, I rock a DTR/SSR header, but there are other quality headers out there. I'll probably always stick with the DTR myself, but here's my other favorites......HYTECH and SMSP. Any of the headers I mentioned will run between $800-$1300.

Follow those steps and you'll have a fun to drive, all motor car. :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:I'm a HUGE fan of Skunk2!!

On your motor......

Skunk2 springs and retainers
Skunk2 stage1 cams
ITR intake manifold and throttle body
RC310 injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hondata s100

Then finally the bad ass header......

Me, I rock a DTR/SSR header, but there are other quality headers out there. I'll probably always stick with the DTR myself, but here's my other favorites......HYTECH and SMSP. Any of the headers I mentioned will run between $800-$1300.

Follow those steps and you'll have a fun to drive, all motor car. :thumb:

leave it for addictive to tell us lol!! hes the ALL MOTOR KING of this site HAHAHA
By fresh eh2*
#18211 Damn them headers are madd money lol, anyways yeah ill prolly go with either the stage 1 cams either skunk2 or blox since they are almost the same. How much does the ITR manifold and throttle body go for?
By chnzgoofball
fresh eh2* wrote:Damn them headers are madd money lol, anyways yeah ill prolly go with either the stage 1 cams either skunk2 or blox since they are almost the same. How much does the ITR manifold and throttle body go for?

a used itr intake manifold is about the same price as a BRAND NEW skunk 2 intake manifold dunno about the TB tho...