N/A build discussion
By the honda guy
#172832 Hey whats up guys, I have a ls vtec that I am messing wtih until my block comes back from the machine shop. So I am trying to get used to my new toys and want to do a street tune on the car to get familiar with everything.

Here is the parts that are in the current ls vtec

pr3-3 head
sk2 pro series stage 2 cams
sk2 pro series dual valve springs
stock valves
sk2 cam gears
sk2 pro series intake mani
greddy header
sk2 megapower rr cat back exhaust with stock cat (ungutted)
stock ls block
mobil 1 synthetic oil (dont think this matters but just puttin in here anyway)

Electronics
stock p28
apexi vafc2
aem uego
walbro 255 pump
stock injectors
stock fuel rail
93 octane pump gas

I was wondering if anybody knew what ratios I should be tuning for on the street. I know it's dangerous but I am gonna be doing this late at night and in a unpopulated area. I will be taking this setup to about 8000rpm so if you have any info on what ratio's I should be looking for it would be greatly appreciated.
By chrono404
#173067 From what I understand about tuning you want to get your A/F Ratios as close to 13:1 as you can.

You will want a Wide Band o2 Sensor when tuning.

As far as I know we have no tuners on the site, To get good tuning info hit up http://forum.pgmfi.org/

a Chipped ECU will be a better solution the apexi vafc, however since you have it there basic princables will help you out.

Good luck
By the honda guy
#173079 thanks man I apreciate it. Eventually I am gonna get hondata s300, but I have about a month of a wait untill I get my block back, so for now I am gonna play with the current ls v I have.
By suspendedHatch
#173465 There is no one ratio you want to go for across the entire power band. There are many places on a load/rpm graph where 13.1:1 is crazy rich and will hurt your engine. And depending on your setup, that may not give you the most power in the high RPM portion and worse, you may blow your motor.

Ignition timing is just as important as the air/fuel ratio. And impossible to tune w/out a dyno.

No one can tell you how to tune it on a forum. If it was close to stock, I could give you some guidelines... but at this point you need to tow it to a dyno shop and have it tuned.

Or live and learn...
By daydreamer
suspendedHatch wrote:There is no one ratio you want to go for across the entire power band. There are many places on a load/rpm graph where 13.1:1 is crazy rich and will hurt your engine. And depending on your setup, that may not give you the most power in the high RPM portion and worse, you may blow your motor.

Ignition timing is just as important as the air/fuel ratio. And impossible to tune w/out a dyno.

No one can tell you how to tune it on a forum. If it was close to stock, I could give you some guidelines... but at this point you need to tow it to a dyno shop and have it tuned.

Or live and learn...

x2....