N/A build discussion
By eg84dr
#168528 i am going to be building and all motor d series motor soon
heres what im thinking
a d16z6 block stock internals
(thinkingh of shaving the crank) with p29 pistons in it
a z6 head gasket with a d15b jdm head on it i think that 11.7 to 1 for cr
im not looking for huge numbers just a fun dd
as far as tunning goes im planning on getting a p28 with data logging and street tuning
do you know where i could get a good base map to start with ?
any opinions apreciated
thanks
By eg84dr
#168535 where about would i find that
i was looking around a few nights ago and couldnt figure it out
By suspendedHatch
#169098 The JDM D15b head is identical to the D16Z6 head.
By eg84dr
#169118 i thought soo but iv heard so many difrent things haha
im going to stick with your word on that one
ohh quick question for anyone i guess
if i buy p29 pistons with rings and bearings for the zc will they work in the z6 i just dont know if the bearings are the same size
thanks guys
By Greasedmonkey
#169194 The pistons will work in the z6, and what he said about the heads being the same is true. It is believed that the d15b head came with a more aggressive cam. Other than that they are the same.

With those pistons in a STOCK z6, as in no shaving or decking done, will net you about a 12.:1 CR.

I would suggest not shaving/decking unless needed to get a truely flat surface. If that happens get a slightly thicker head gasket.
By eg84dr
#169198 yup i dont think i will need to resurface the block or the head as they were in running condition just smoked alot
so should i use a z6 hg or a d15b7 hg i know the d15 is slightly thicker
with the d15 hg i will get a 11.69 to one and with the d16 i will get a 12.05 to one soo im thinking the d15 hg will do
anyone know bout the bearings? are all d series motors the same size bearings?
By forcefedEG
#178508 phearable.net for a basemap FTW :thumb: ive used them countless times and there good, i thought i read somewhere on a differnt thread here on this forum that the p29 pistons have the wrong valve relief cuts to use a vtec head? not 100% sure jw... are you going to upgrade ur rods? heard of sohc boys running LS rods? :? not sure what all is involved in that? just something to think about
By 93hatcheg
#178574 Yea rhe z6 and d15b heads are the sane idk about the whole more aggresive cam thing tho. As for your CR shoulndt it be a lot higher? My d16z6 all motor build is gonna have I think 12.1 CR with D15B7 pistons. And a d16z6 head gasket. Your build sounds goood tho man ha ve fun with it
By 93hatcheg
#178575 Yea rhe z6 and d15b heads are the sane idk about the whole more aggresive cam thing tho. As for your CR shoulndt it be a lot higher? My d16z6 all motor build is gonna have I think 12.1 CR with D15B7 pistons. And a d16z6 head gasket. Your build sounds goood tho man ha ve fun with it
By eg84dr
#178595 yeah i checked your setup on zeal auto works cr calc and it says 11.7 to 1 and mine will be 12.05 to 1 but im really thinking about just going with the b7 pistons
all my plans are off untill i can get another daily wich sucks
By forcefedEG
#178688 the d15 vtec cam is more agressive... pretty sure at least... thats what the guy who tunned my friends turbo d15 vtec said...
By forcefedEG
#178696 i did look on the other thread that had about the p29 pistons in it, it did say the valve reliefs are in the wrong spot... you would prob have good luck with the b7 pistons from the compression nums. u said in ur other posts... :thumb: what rods were you going to use?