N/A build discussion
By big_scoggs
#166126 i basicly need a shopping list from top to bottom and recomendations on how to get about 200 210 whp all motor from my b18c1 del sol with b16 trani
keep in mind i want to dd any help will be greatly appreciated
By big_scoggs
#166196 bump

come on anybody please
By chrono404
#166199 The bottom end of My high lsvtec build plan is to use a b18b block, and stick in my USDM b16a2 pistons to get 11.9 Compression.

However if you use USDM b16a2 pistons you will only get 11.31 Compression Ratio, However if you JDM B16A Pistons you will get 11.53 which is almost the same as a JDM ITR Piston.

Basically you will want to swap out pistons for something with more compression. I would also recommend arp rod bolts as OEM Rod bolts are a known failure spot. Its cheap security.

Play with This, Its a B Series compression Calculator.

A Type-R Intake Cam would also be a good addition. The Type-R Exhaust cam only adds an extra 1hp at peak, its worth the extra money IMO. If you decide to go with the Type-R Cams going with Type-R Valve springs/retainers on both sides is a good idea as to get the most power out of them you will rev to 9k.

Hope this good you some good ideas to start from.
By Impact240sx
#166202 Compression compression compression. CTR pistons, ITR valvetrain and cams, port work, Skunk2 IM and a good header should get you there.
By Greasedmonkey
Impact240sx wrote:Compression compression compression. CTR pistons, ITR valvetrain and cams, port work, Skunk2 IM and a good header should get you there.

CTR pistons are not needed nor a good choice. JDM ITR or B16a pistons would and will be better for a all motor daily build.

My GSR build currently has US ITR pistons in an otherwise stock gsr shortblock. That will be mated to a B16a head with toda cams. I think I will swap out the pistons for jdm ones though. I want about 11.5:1 or so. Best bet in the long run.

You can make 200whp on 11.5:1 just fine. There is no need for CTR pistons with a 13:1 ratio. Then look for an intake manifold, tb, injectors, cams, valvesprings and gears.
By big_scoggs
#166505 thank you guys for the help.........205whp here i come
once i get out of boot camp and have some money saved lol/........