N/A build discussion
By project ej2
#158675 ok guys here it goes.. my set up is like this..

d15b7 (non-v) stock motor block
with si tranny

*my mods are*
dc headers
AEM intake
cherry bomb muffler (for now)

my question is....? im doin a D16Z6 vtec mini me SWAP..
i know a dude selling some d16 pistons..should i get them.
i figure, while the heads out. change the pistons to.?
(or is this like retarded)
i really dont know so can someone help..? whats your opinion
FELLAZ..?

thing i have are:
p28 chipped with a skunk2 map/w/launch control
d16z6 vtec head
d16z6 timing belt d16y8 gasket
d16z6 NGK plugs and wires
water pump
and getting a skunk2 cam gear...(LOL)

THANKS GUYS..
By teal_dx
#158700 I would say it is not worth it. Instead of slapping the z6 head on, you would have to remove & tear apart the entire block - if the z6 pistons even fit the d15b7 rods. I know the z6 rods are larger then the b7 crank.
Plus the z6 has a longer stroke, i'm not sure if the piston height is the same.
It would be a lot of time and labor ($$$) for a piston that isn't really much better than the b7 piston.
I would just do the mini-me :thumb:
By project ej2
#158800 ok cool man thanks...good shit.. imma just keep what i got goin on right now...
By chrono404
#158835 I agree with teal, If your going to do a mini me just leave the d15b7 block alone. The Stock d15b7 pistons are higher compression then the d16z6 pistons, plus the d16z6 piston is shorter, so that would lower compression even more.

Dont just get a "Skunk2" map when you have your ecu chipped. Get it professionally tuned and have a tune for your engine. That should give you better power and relability then a generic d series vtec map, even if its from Skunk2.

By a Cherry Bomb Muffler do you mean a Cherry bomb glass pack or a Cherry Bomb Turbo?

I like the sound of Turbo Mufflers, Most of my friends have Cherry Bomb Turbo's on their hondas.
By project ej2
#158845 its a cherry bomb turbo muffler.. and yes my p28 was proffessionally done right..lol..but thanks for your support homie..its really appreciated...