N/A build discussion
By ChicagoMike
#13856 Thanks for the replies everybody!! I actually still havent put it on yet :lol: , but I plan on doing it in a few mins before I go to work.

And to be honest, I never payed any attention to the flange, but now that you guys brought it up, it does look pretty tight!! :thumb:
By york62
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Thanks for the replies everybody!! I actually still havent put it on yet :lol: , but I plan on doing it in a few mins before I go to work.

And to be honest, I never payed any attention to the flange, but now that you guys brought it up, it does look pretty tight!! :thumb:

haha its the first thing i noticed!
By ChicagoMike
#14081 Um....so...yeah....I had to bolt the exhaust back up. :thumbdown: My neighbors we're getting a lil pissed about the noise, especially when I fired up my car to go to work in the morning. :lol:
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Um....so...yeah....I had to bolt the exhaust back up. :thumbdown: My neighbors we're getting a lil pissed about the noise, especially when I fired up my car to go to work in the morning. :lol:

haha i had the neighbors call the cops on me before... and it was just a sohc... i just got my dc headers and i started up to give a few revs when i put it on afterwards turned it off 10 mins later cop comes by and tells me he had a call about the noise... :x
By ChicagoMike
#14095 Hahahaha, you know I hit the 2-step for a second before I bolted it back up. :lol:
By york62
#14100 haha 2-step
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Hahahaha, you know I hit the 2-step for a second before I bolted it back up. :lol:

hey what exactly is 2-step? i heard of it... but dunno exactly
By york62
#14175 start the car, hit the gas one small tap then one big tap, then either let idle or shut it off.

the 2-step.

IMO
By ChicagoMike
#14176 Hey, I'm taking pics right now about the carbon situation. Sit tight and I'll have your answer.....
By york62
#14180 sweet man i look forward to seeing.
By ChicagoMike
#14193 Okay, its totally simple.

First I had a coupler used to connect PVC piping together. Home depot sells these, but luckily I had one here at my job since we do alot of work with PVC.

Here's the part information...

Next I took the insides out, and removed the hose clamps, here's whats left...

Notice how it makes a nice curve, almost like it was made for the exhaust.

Then I just attached it to my Tanabe muffler using a big hose clamp. What this did was extend the exhaust just far enough past my bumper so that the carbon just flies out and never gets a chance to build up.

Sorry for the huge pics, I'm unable to edit here at work. :thumb:
By york62
#14200 i'm so doing this!!! tonight!!!
By chnzgoofball
#14204 so thats 2-step?? :?