N/A build discussion
By shanX
#133513 Got an iPod from a friend, so checked out Dynolicious with few runs. Didn't have a proper quarter mile straight though. At first it seemed like accurate, but after few runs, results got weird, maybe it needs to be calibrated after few runs and I didn't.

So is following normal for a D15B Vtec with I\H\E and few other mods such as suspension and stuff

By Greasedmonkey
#133553 Im not quit sure what is going on there...
By SOHCivegra
#133578 I'd say not even close to being accurate. With I/H/E on a D15 you do not have 140+ HP. You may want to see if there is a calibration for it.
By shanX
SOHCivegra wrote:I'd say not even close to being accurate. With I/H/E on a D15 you do not have 140+ HP. You may want to see if there is a calibration for it.

I did calibrate it. And I set the weight as 1200kg, it's a sedan but no fancy stuff such as audio accessories and all. Planning to check again on a proper road, have to get the iPod back...
By Sentry
#133600 Take the car to a scrap metal yard and ask the scale operator how much it really weighs.
By SOHCivegra
shanX wrote:
SOHCivegra wrote:I'd say not even close to being accurate. With I/H/E on a D15 you do not have 140+ HP. You may want to see if there is a calibration for it.

I did calibrate it. And I set the weight as 1200kg, it's a sedan but no fancy stuff such as audio accessories and all. Planning to check again on a proper road, have to get the iPod back...

There are so many variables in between that program and real life dyno. If you try it again and its still saying you have 140+ HP. You are being lied to by the phone. YOU DO NOT HAVE 140+ HP coming out of a mostly stock D15. I guarantee it.

Look at it this way, that scale looks to be a total of 20 seconds. Now i'm not knocking your intelligence so don't take the next statement as a put down. Its not meant to be.

Have you been on a dyno before? You do know that doing a dyno run includes mainly one (1) gear? Things like this should be considered before your next try at this program. Try and have a completely flat road. Make sure the phone doesn't move during your pull.
By shanX
SOHCivegra wrote:
shanX wrote:

There are so many variables in between that program and real life dyno. If you try it again and its still saying you have 140+ HP. You are being lied to by the phone. YOU DO NOT HAVE 140+ HP coming out of a mostly stock D15. I guarantee it.

Look at it this way, that scale looks to be a total of 20 seconds. Now i'm not knocking your intelligence so don't take the next statement as a put down. Its not meant to be.

Have you been on a dyno before? You do know that doing a dyno run includes mainly one (1) gear? Things like this should be considered before your next try at this program. Try and have a completely flat road. Make sure the phone doesn't move during your pull.

Hey, yeah I was also confused about the readings, that's why I wanted to verify it from you guys.

Anyway, I haven't been on a dyno and don't think I would be any sooner, coz we don't have dynos here, am from a south-asian country. So are you saying that I should just redline on the 1st gear and stop? Yeah, we are planing to do our next run on a proper straight road and would calibrate before each run. No, the phone was mounted tightly on the windshield as instructed in the manual.

And there is a field to set drivetrain loss on configuration tab, i did set 15%, is that ok? And yeah, I might have to go look for a scale somewhere
By SOHCivegra
shanX wrote:Hey, yeah I was also confused about the readings, that's why I wanted to verify it from you guys.

Anyway, I haven't been on a dyno and don't think I would be any sooner, coz we don't have dynos here, am from a south-asian country. So are you saying that I should just redline on the 1st gear and stop? Yeah, we are planing to do our next run on a proper straight road and would calibrate before each run. No, the phone was mounted tightly on the windshield as instructed in the manual.

And there is a field to set drivetrain loss on configuration tab, i did set 15%, is that ok? And yeah, I might have to go look for a scale somewhere

Oh no prob. We want you to be able to play just the same.
As for the pull your going to be doing. You want to be in a gear that is the closest to a 1:1 ratio between engine and trans. I believe the closest to that ratio is our 4th gear. You would want to start driving (not hard driving ) and when you get to 4th gear you'll want to be right around 2000RPM. This is where you will be starting your pull. Then you will take the 4th gear run to redline and stop on the phone.

The way this whole program works is through GPS. Thats how the its calculates everything. There is a very sensitive and small accelerometer in the phone, and thats what give you the "G" rating.

Try it again and see what happens. Hell if anything that you get out of this would be some fun driving.
By rikkimod
#145103 i used this program on my ipod, down a straight road in my old 1.3i ford fiesta, apparently i had 300bhp and a top speed of 170mph, i some how dont think so when i struggled to get to 90mph!

I wouldnt use this it really isnt accurate! Real dyno FTW