N/A build discussion
By Mr. Pink
#128182 Well i am getting a mini me this weekend for a hell of a deal. and i am rebuilding it so that i can have some fun with it. Here are my plans

Current Plans for my motor

Block:
D15b7 non vtec
Remanufactured Crank
OEM Honda Rod and Main bearings
Hastings rings
p29 pistons(76mm)
D15 rods(shot peined)
ARP rod bolts

Head:
D16z6
Bisimoto Level 3 cam
Bisimoto Valve Springs & Retainers
Head milled .0609
Blox Intake Manifold
Skunk2 65mm throttle body
ARP head studs
Skunk 2 adj cam gear

Exhaust:
DC sports 4-1 header
High flow cat converter
Custom 2.5" exhaust into a stealth Muffler
Last edited by Mr. Pink on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Greasedmonkey
#128201 Does Delta make a Vtec cam? I can only find non vtec.
By Mr. Pink
#128213 you have to call them and talk to them, but yes they do, its the same price as there other cams, i am still undecided on a cam at the moment, i may go with a bisi stage 2 or 3 too.
By Ajax1989
#128215 damn man sounds like a good build

8)
By Mr. Pink
#128240 i should be right around 150whp if i am lucky. but after the motor is done, i will be finishing my suspension. i need my ASR brace and ITR swaybar. and a few other things.

The more i think about it, i think i am going to go with a Bisi or Crower stage 3 or 4 cam. and get my friends ITB's off him and be done :D
By Greasedmonkey
#128248 Unless your motor is broken, suspension should be first.
By Eg6H2D
#131360 where did you get your 4-1 header for the d series?
By Mr. Pink
#131371 its made by DC sports, i am unsure if they make it still. but i got mine and my 2.5" cat back for $50 off a friend.
By teal_dx
#131385 double check to be sure the D15 rods (assuming you meant jdm D15 vtec) will fit your D15b7 Crank. I think the D15 and z6 may have had larger dia. bearings than the D15b7. :?
By Eg6H2D
Mr. Pink wrote:its made by DC sports, i am unsure if they make it still. but i got mine and my 2.5" cat back for $50 off a friend.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok bcuz i was looking for it and could not find. they got them cheap ass obx ones, but idk how i feel bout those..
By Eg6H2D
Mr. Pink wrote:i should be right around 150whp if i am lucky. but after the motor is done, i will be finishing my suspension. i need my ASR brace and ITR swaybar. and a few other things.

The more i think about it, i think i am going to go with a Bisi or Crower stage 3 or 4 cam. and get my friends ITB's off him and be done :D

get the ASR kit. wit the 24mm sway bar. bigger then the ITR (22mm).. that's wut i got. loving it.. it'll be around 395 shipped and comes with everyhting needed..

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd. ... oduct=1911
By Mr. Pink
teal_dx wrote:double check to be sure the D15 rods (assuming you meant jdm D15 vtec) will fit your D15b7 Crank. I think the D15 and z6 may have had larger dia. bearings than the D15b7. :?

i am using the Stock d15b7 rods, no need to get others. i will have them shotpeined and looked over.
By That One Dude
#131583 What's the compression going to be, roughly? If it's not high enough I don't think the engine will move enough air to support the Bisi stage 3 or the Crower stage 4 cam. That's a pretty significant amount of lift and overlap.

ITB = sex. Much better than a Blox IM and S2 TB.

And how about ARP main bolts and flywheel bolts? Good shit right there.

The spec sheet looks good overall. I'd just be concerned about the CR for the cam. GL with it!