N/A build discussion
By Kris95DX
#121479 Im seriously considering a mini me set up on my 95 coupe (Daily) so I looked up the compression according to zealworks calculator: http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

With these options: Block, crank, rods, and pistons, D15B7
Head and gasket (2 layer) : D16Y8
It came out to 11:1 CR, which is good but raises some questions..
1. Will the head need to be upgraded or will the stock valves/ springs hold?
2. Is it safe or the stock internals, i know the rods are weak
3. will 93 octane be enough? i would think so but im not positive
I'm hoping it will be a noticeable gain for my daily, anyone with some tips (I've also read and printed up the how to for this) or stories with results. thanks - kris
By Mr. Pink
#121485 1. If the head is stock then yes the springs and retainers are going to hold, unless you get a cam that is bigger than stg 2.

2. Yes it will be fine, your not going to be pushing more than 140hp at most

3. Yes 93 or better is recomended but it depends on the area you live in, I can get 94 octane here.

Mini me's are a great motor and are reliable to boot. i myself have had a few. y7/y8 mini me's. And i am currently building a N/A D15b7 with a y7 head.
By Kris95DX
#121727 thanks for the answerers and quick response, just wondering why a y7 head for your next build?
By Greasedmonkey
#121821 D16y8 gasket isnt a 2 layer...its a 3. With a stock head gasket you will be at 10.6:1 You would have to remove a layer to get a 2 layer, and its not worth it.
By Mr. Pink
Kris95DX wrote:thanks for the answerers and quick response, just wondering why a y7 head for your next build?

because i am staying non-vtec. i have an automatic car and vtec isnt as fun with an auto