N/A build discussion
By AKindinos
#359477 Hi guyz! I just bought my 2nd eg9 powered by a b20 v-tech engine with ITBS and some serious headers! The main issue is that is running on the stock remmped ecu! Torque is much better then my b18c engine but still the car feels slow! The gearbox has a 4.9 final drive with 4th 5th gear also sortented! So my question is how much power a properly b20 vtec should have?
By TrailerTrash
#359481 what gearbox? that can make all the difference in the world
By HeikDiesel
#359485 Have either Hondata or Neptune installed into your ECU and properly tuned. What are the internals? What fuel? Hard to even get close to judging HP based off your description. Also it's V-TEC, a lot of people might flame you for that so just for your information there isn't a H on the end
By AKindinos
#359533 The Engine is a B20B/V-Tech Conversion with a stock block/B16A2 head.The transmission is the original from the B16A2 with the FD 4TH 5TH gears replaced with sorter ones. The Engine is running always on premium fuel & with bigger injectors & fuel pressure around 60psi on the fuel ragulator
By HeikDiesel
#359551 With stock block and head and fuel pressure at 60 I would bet that engine runs super rich. There should be no need to have fuel pressure that high and/or bigger than stock injectors. How's your fuel mileage? I made 179 to the tire on my B20/Vtec with stock internals and 91 octane
By AKindinos
HeikDiesel wrote:With stock block and head and fuel pressure at 60 I would bet that engine runs super rich. There should be no need to have fuel pressure that high and/or bigger than stock injectors. How's your fuel mileage? I made 179 to the tire on my B20/Vtec with stock internals and 91 octane

From what i was told from the previous owner the injectors are High Impedance Bosch but he doesn't remember how many cc they are he thinks around 340/360 cc! From my last check on the spark plugs the engine is totally running rich! Also the milage is very low! around 330 Km per tank! My B18 is coming over 420 Km per tank
By HeikDiesel
#359562 You need to find a chipped p28 with a b20 vtec base map. I would return the fuel pressure regulator back to 43psi without the vacuum hose attached to the regulator. That should help make the car run a little better. I would also see what the chip is set up for and run those injectors.
By AKindinos
#359563 From what I've heard this type of injector takes a liking on more press! I was going to wait a while in order to collect some money in order to buy an AEM Infinity or a DTA S60 ECU! It will be easier to tune the ITBs and a coil on plug setup!
By HeikDiesel
#359565 I run high impedance 1000's with stock rail pressure. My point is you have no way to regulate the injector pulse down with the higher rail pressure. So not only are you running higher rail pressure with bigger injectors, your setup requires very minimal fuel to be added and you're running stock injector pulse time.
By AKindinos
#359609 Ok now you got me intersted! And how i'm going to reduce the pulse down? If i'm going to reduce the pressure on the rail i should get also the ecu remmped correct? Same goes for the pulse i guess!
By HeikDiesel
#359611 Engine management systems like Neptune or Hondata along with a handful of others are able to change injector pulse for pretty much any situation. At the end of the day you need your car tuned by a professional.