A place to share civic or other car videos
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50820 Sounds like mine...
By LowTEC-Derbo
#50822 it says on the side.. it is a mini-me setup. which means z6 vtec head..

you can always hear vtec on a d... it just not as pronounced as other honda engine cause it is only intake side.
By KRYSTED9354
#50823 yeah i know , im just saying i have never heard vtec kick in so loud on a SOHC, mabey because i have an exhaust without tunnel and cat, but all the other vtec SOHC videos i cant heard it kick in on youtube, just wondering if theres a way to make it kick in louder.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#50825 buy a b. :)

plus that car sounds like it has a stock exhaust.. which is why you can BARELY hear the vtakkk.

i cant hear mine.. all i hear is wastegate. :thumb:

i call that "VTAKKKKK"
Last edited by LowTEC-Derbo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50826 I'm sorry, but :roll:
By KRYSTED9354
#50832 man :roll: its getting harder and harder on here to just get normal people to answer your question without a smark ass coment ,{ sorry but i knw it says mini-me DUHH, thats why if u thought about it ,thats why im saying WoW u can actualley hear it finally. people need to take it easy ,thanks just wanted to share vid with u. :)
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50859 Hear it finally? You could always hear it, even stock everything you can hear it.

Yes, on B, H, and K series you can hear and feel it MORE, but it's always been noticeable on a D.

This just seems like a really useless topic.
By KRYSTED9354
#50867 thats what im saying when the car has a loud ass exhaust u cant really hear it,ok then tell the admin to delete my post !
By BAXTER_EJ1
#50869 If you're standing at the bay or sitting in the car, even if you have a loud exhaust, you'll hear it.
By KRYSTED9354
#50870 i guess my z6 is different then the on eon the movie as i have an D16a6 block and D16z6 head fully built and cant hear it perfect clear like the one in the vid. anywase enjoy and drop it, thanks 8)
By chrono404
#50874 on the Vtec Solenoid there is 2 screens, 1 Right bewteen the block and the vtec solenoid and on the top of it. If you take off your vtec solenoid and clean them out with carb cleaner It will pop in harder. Worked for my z6.
By KRYSTED9354
#50876 thankyou sir, great info , would also be GREAT DIT !! ok so when i take it off the head there is 2 screens clean both ?? and do i need to replace gasket ? thanks
By chrono404
KRYSTED9354 wrote:thankyou sir, great info , would also be GREAT DIT !! ok so when i take it off the head there is 2 screens clean both ?? and do i need to replace gasket ? thanks

I reused the gaskets, just cleaned the screens. I should have taken pics and made DIY when I did mine.