A place to share civic or other car videos
By LowTEC-Derbo
#29108 are you a 5spd or automatic

cause spinning in neutral does not make any sense unless your clutch pressureplate is faulty and it is stuck in gear no matter what.
By Ej2-B16a
#29115 take a wild guess..

By ChicagoMike
#29120 Your wheel spinning is completely 100% normal. Alot of Honda's do it. Even though your cars in neutral, there is still contact between the flywheel and the clutch, just a lil bit, but it is still making contact. You should be able to stop the wheel from spinning by hand though.
Last edited by ChicagoMike on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Ej2-B16a
ChicagoMike wrote:Your wheel spinning is completely 100% normal. All Honda's do it. Even though your cars in neutral, there is still contact between the flywheel and the clutch, just a lil bit, but it is still making contact. You should be able to stop the wheel from spinning by hand though.

:thumb: your right.. its a very light spin.. i can stop it with my fingers..

and when im on flat ground car doesnt roll or anything.
By ChicagoMike
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:
ChicagoMike wrote:Your wheel spinning is completely 100% normal. Alot of Honda's do it. Even though your cars in neutral, there is still contact between the flywheel and the clutch, just a lil bit, but it is still making contact. You should be able to stop the wheel from spinning by hand though.

Exactly!! :thumb:
Last edited by ChicagoMike on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By york62
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:
ChicagoMike wrote:Your wheel spinning is completely 100% normal. Alot of Honda's do it. Even though your cars in neutral, there is still contact between the flywheel and the clutch, just a lil bit, but it is still making contact. You should be able to stop the wheel from spinning by hand though.

told you it was normal!
By Ej2-B16a
#29160 :woot: .. so derbo? whats your opinion?
By ohDirka
#29161 ive never see a cars wheels spin in neutral before...none of my cars have ever done it
By Ej2-B16a
#29164 idk im trippin... half the people r saying its fine ..Including a ASE certified master tech ( my teacher ) and then a lot of ppl r saying its not....
By ChicagoMike
#29165 Watch the vid that I posted in this topic. Theres a fully built car on the lift and the wheels spinning. ITS NORMAL.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1360
By york62
ChicagoMike wrote: ...ITS NORMAL.

Word!!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#29175 Look at how much his wheel is spinning after giving it that much throttle though. Albeit it being normal, I'm surprised the clutch is crack is catching THAT much... :?
By Ej2-B16a
#29194 yeah.. my tires were winding pretty fast after i threw it revs..... idk :(