A place to share civic or other car videos
By BAXTER_EJ1
#28063 Granted man, but keep in mind, the drug manufacturers are required by law to list EVERY possible side effect, even if it was seen in 0.01% of the test group who took the medication. I work in a pharmacy, I'm used to hearing about side effects and "possibilities" but to be honest, the majority of people rarely few side effects if any at all.

They list those side effects for the safety of the patient, so you can know what to look for to signal that you should stop taking it. Usually with a new medication you would try it for a week or a month and then go back to your doctor to be re-assessed. The side effects they mention on the commercial would mostly occur with PROLOGNED use, if you ignored the warning signs and didn't visit your doctor for a check up shortly after taking it.

I am no advocate for drug companies, but arguments like these are really loosely based. I can grab a drug info sheet at work sometime and show you just what percentage of test patients experienced what side effects, it's REALLY low for almost all drugs.
By Gorveatt
#28071 Well keep in mind MKennedy we are in Canada, and something like that would never be allowed for sale here, cause i know that things that are available in the states are not available here cause they wont pass our drug testing, as it is a hell of a lot more strict then the states is.

But it's the thought that they know these side effects from possible experience, So they are basically admitting that someone has possibly died from taking these so called "cures" just doesn't sit right with me :?

I did see this commercial on a US channel too
By Graham
#28074 My girlfriend almost died after being given a drug in hospital, she had a reaction to it that they knew could happen - but the nurse just came in, gave her the drug and wandered away while my girlfriend basically went into a siezure... luckily her mum was there to get help

Its pretty stupid that they tried to ease her pain and almost killed her... even if it is a really low risk, the risk is still there and it seems the nurse that administered the drug wasnt aware of that risk...

That adverts unreal though - thats why i hate taking any medication!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#28105 A lot of medication for sale in the US is for sale in Canada, just not ALL. I've heard a lot of people say they just don't take ANY medication, now granted there are pros and cons to that, I think there are more pros than cons.

Our bodies were meant to be sulf-sustaining, I like taking as little medication as possible (yes, even though I SELL medication for a career right now). An advil or tylenol here or there, and of course my migraine medication, because without it I'm on the floor bawling like a baby for 24 hours straight. I see these senior citizens on like 12 different medications to stay alive, and to me, that wouldn't be worth it, I'd rather die than have to pop 40 pills a day to live a mediocre at best life.

What are your takes on that? When you're old, are you gonna depend on science and medicine, or would you prefer to just drift off when you were supposed to? I think the Western culture has become so heavily dependent on drugs, look at places like the middle east and Europe where they use less drugs (they maybe don't live QUITE as long), but I think they live a better quality life, and for me, quality is more important than quantity.

You've opened up a good subject here, I'd love to hear other people's point of views.