A place to share civic or other car videos
By ohDirka
#13814 2009 nsx motor...in an s2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSXHJV441E

It only had 270 horsepower and the interior of a Prelude, yet the 1991 Acura NSX was still an exotic. To keep weight down, aluminum was used for the body, chassis and suspension. Instead of more traditional V8 or V12 power, the NSX used a mid-mounted 3.0-liter V6. What it lacked in displacement, it made up for with variable valve timing and titanium connecting rods, the first ever in a production car.

Then there was the $65,000 price tag, cheap for its class but expensive for an Acura. The brand was only five years old at the time and its only other model was the $30K Legend sedan. No one expected a car like the NSX from a brand like Acura, and that was the whole point.

It was obvious the company exhausted its resources on the car, as little changed over its 15-year life span. The engine got a little more power, a Targa model was added, and a facelift gave it a new look in 2003. By then, Acura had become a full-fledged luxury brand so enthusiasts fully expected a new NSX. In 2005, production of the NSX officially ended with no word from Acura on a replacement.

Earlier this year, Acura finally fessed up and admitted it's working on an all-new NSX. Other than confirming it will have V10 power, Acura announced few additional details. So we decided to do a little digging, consulting our contacts in Japan and a well-connected designer in Europe. With their help, we were able to put together this exclusive video slide show on the next-generation NSX. It may not be exact, but until the car debuts in a couple of years it's as close as you're going to get.
By vtec_gloucester
#13918 from what i see i dont like it... but i do like the sound of 550bhp :D
By ohDirka
#13919 the video shows the new nsx motor in an s2k thats all that is they really havent put out a real design of what it will look like

i wouldnt mind having that s2k though :D
By chnzgoofball
#13933 i hope thats not the final body shape... but i really like how the older body shape looks
By sihatch9508
chnzgoofball wrote:i hope thats not the final body shape... but i really like how the older body shape looks

x2 they had a really nice platform