The other side of the pond
By ku
#8317 way better than a b16a2 swap unless its a b16a/b 8)
By stefan
#8352 The B16b is nice, but since I want to go f/i in the future, a Type R engine is probably not the way to go.
Also, it misses the torque a B18 has.

A B16a SiR-II also has a 170hp, like the B18c4, but also misses out on torque.
And, the only difference with the B16a2 is a knock sensor and a few minor things.
When driving around in this part of the world, there is another type of weather (airpressure and so on), and a lesser fuel (lower octane), wich decreases the power of the stronger JDM engine right back to 160 or something like that.
If you want to get almost 200hp out of a B16a2 btw, read my post in the n/a section about different n/a set-ups.
By Bouli
#9782 Can somebody pm me about other engine blocks like Nissan ?

a friend of mine is searching for an S14 engine. code: SR20DET Blacktop.

With or Without tranny.

What will that cost in the UK ?
By vtec_gloucester
#9794 just had a quick search on good old ebay... there aint any sr20det engines on there at the mo but there are a couple of ca18det engines.

there going for about ?350 - ?450

i'll phone the JAP breakers yard i use tomorrow! cant be fucked to do it now because ive got a stonking head ache so im gunna have a little sleep :)
By Bouli
vtec_gloucester wrote:just had a quick search on good old ebay... there aint any sr20det engines on there at the mo but there are a couple of ca18det engines.

there going for about ?350 - ?450

i'll phone the JAP breakers yard i use tomorrow! cant be fucked to do it now because ive got a stonking head ache so im gunna have a little sleep :)

ah Thanks in advance !! :thumb:
By stefan
#9816 Ebay is fine, but we don't know who is a good seller or who has a rep for selling bad engines.
So that's why we're asking around here ;)