Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By ChicagoMike
#1228 Trim levels for the hatchback included the CX, DX, VX and Si. The CX was fitted with a 1.5-liter 70-horsepower engine; the DX with a 1.5-liter 102-horsepower engine; the VX with a 92-horsepower 1.5-liter with variable valve timing tuned for economy (VTEC-E); and the Si with a 125-horsepower VTEC engine. The VX, which also came with lightweight alloy wheels, managed fuel economy figures of 48 in the city and 55 on the highway ? nearly the same as the old CRX HF in spite of 30 more horsepower and five-passenger capability. Sedans came in the same trim levels as before: DX, LX and EX (which added a power moonroof to its list of standard luxuries). The DX and LX had the 1.5-liter 102-horsepower engine, and the EX sported the 125-horse 1.6 from the Si. A five-speed manual was standard across the board, and a four-speed automatic was optional on the DX hatchback and all sedan models.

The level of safety increased with the new Civic via a standard driver-side airbag for all models and standard antilock (ABS) brakes on the EX sedan.

A two-door notchback coupe, which shared its 103.2-inch wheelbase with the sedan, debuted for 1993 and was offered in DX and EX trim levels. The DX was outfitted the same as the DX hatchback, and the EX coupe had the same features as the EX sedan, including the 125-horse engine and power moonroof. An option package for the EX coupe added a passenger airbag and high-power stereo with cassette player. The EX sedan had a few more items added to its already generous standard features list, including air conditioning and the high-power sound system with cassette player.

Also this year, the del Sol debuted as a belated replacement for the CRX. Built on a wheelbase 8 inches shorter than a Civic hatchback's, the del Sol featured a removable targa-style top, a snug two-seat cockpit and one of two engines, either the 1.5-liter unit with 102 horsepower or the 1.6 sporting 125 ponies, depending on whether one chose the base S or more sporting Si version.

1994 brought safety advances and an LX version of the Civic sedan. A passenger-side airbag became standard on all Civics, and antilock brakes were now optional on the EX coupe, Si hatchback and LX sedan. The new LX sedan filled the gap between the basic DX sedan and loaded-to-the-gills EX. Power windows, locks and mirrors; cruise control; a tachometer; a stereo with cassette player; and 14-inch (versus the DX's 13-inch) tires were all standard on the LX.

On the del Sol front, a new model debuted called the VTEC. Named after its 1.6-liter DOHC engine that boasted a sizzling 160 horsepower, this del Sol came with bigger brakes, a firmer suspension and high-performance (195/60VR14) rubber. Apart from the addition of a passenger airbag, the rest of the del Sol line continued as before.

There were no changes for the 1995 Civics except on the del Sol models, which got a few improvements. Upgrades included standard antilock brakes for the VTEC, power locks for the Si and VTEC, and a remote trunk release for all trim lines.
By DarkCreep
#7717 Nice find!!
By eglover
#21940 nice thx for the info my civic is 1.5L D15B7 :) :thumb:
By Split_second
#37079 im learning sumthing new everyday from this site :thumb:
By bucopandan
#135570 its a good read. how i wish honda made all the civic variants available througout the world.
By project ej2
#160601 nice right up.. but 70+ hp...WOW... that sux...

d15b7...I/H/E..chipped p28...
(^for now^)
By BlueVic_8354
bucopandan wrote:its a good read. how i wish honda made all the civic variants available througout the world.

i agree... i wish variants in japan are available in other parts of asia... and that they would already be LHD...
By unclecivic
#261180 Great info- thanks. ....except saying that they " all came with 5-speeds" is like saying that they all came with paint. Those 5-speeds are wayyy different. Some share the same trannies, but the EX is very short geared compared to the VX. There are definite advantages to both.
By vtecpowerrr
#300700 The canadian CX has 102 HP, The U.S CX has 70 HP...

I got the canadian one eh ;)