Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Loaf31
#354622 I have a 93 EG8 Sedan and need to refill my freon. Does anyone know which type to use? I've seen people say r12 and others say r134. Can someone clear it up? Thanks guys :thumb:
By JohnRM
#354625 Are you refilling because it recently went out, or it hasn't been working for awhile?

If first question, check to see if you have any leaks...usually o-rings. Afterwards, check your LOW side pressure port. R-134 uses a different sized port and will only fit that one. If it hasn't been converted and still has the
R-12 port, find a place to get it refilled. Hope that helps

-John
By Loaf31
JohnRM wrote:Are you refilling because it recently went out, or it hasn't been working for awhile?

If first question, check to see if you have any leaks...usually o-rings. Afterwards, check your LOW side pressure port. R-134 uses a different sized port and will only fit that one. If it hasn't been converted and still has the
R-12 port, find a place to get it refilled. Hope that helps

-John

Thanks! :D
The car sat for 7 years before I got workin' on it, so it's safe to say the AC Hasnt worked in 9 years.
I just recently got a new AC Belt and may not even need to recharge the freon, but if I do, I just wanna know which one to use.
I'll check in the morning! Thanks a bunch! :thumb: