Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By egsedanguy
#353364 Ok here is the story. This is for a friend and not me. My buddy owns a 95 sedan with a d15. It use to be a auto and was half ass done. They tried using the stock mount. When trying to get the mount to bolt to the trans the stripped the threads. I found this out when I was installing the conversion mount to correct the engine. I was able to get the bolts to hold but it's just a temp fix. Once I remove them agin there is no getting it to bolt agin without tapping. I am going to tap the threads 1 size bigger? And hillacoil it. I just need to know the tap size I need. It's for all 3 holes that hold the mount to the trans. If you recommend a better way please feel free to tell. I have taped before so I got that part down. Thanks guys!
By TrailerTrash
#353369 i had to do the same thing when i traded my VX trans for an EX trans and didnt even think about checking all the holes for good threads. the transmission mount holes(2 out of 3) were stripped and one of the T bracket holes was stripped.

so quite a bit of hassle later i ended up putting my DX trans in.

but when i tapped the holes for the mount i used a coarse threaded SAE tap that took a bit out of the hole so i knew i wouldnt be having the bolt thread into half of the old threads and half of the new threads... if you know what i mean.

probably not the best process but i took the original bolt and just eyeballed it beside a tap that was obviously larger but not like 1/4" or anything. then i got 2 bolts to match the threads and its held up just fine for 3 years now(and with solid Innovative mounts)
By HeikDiesel
#353378 Can you post a picture. The best plan of action would be a Keensert not a Helicoil. That way you can keep the OEM bolt size and thread pitch.
By suspendedHatch
#353380 I think if it was me and I had the two transmissions, I'd swap the case halves. You wouldn't have to take the shafts apart. Just release the C clip, unbolt it, swap it and hondabond it back up.
By TrailerTrash
#353389 thats a dam good idea. now im happy i didnt scrap mine
By egsedanguy
#353401 He does not have 2 transmissions. Only the one that is in the car. The only ones stripped are for the top of the transmission on the passenger side. I don't have pics atm. Tapping the threads is the only option for him. What size tap do I need. What one did you use TrailerTrash? I was thinking of the same thing using a coarse thread. Cause that would be easer then trying to tap it bigger and using helicoil. he wont be taking it apart any time soon so other than to tap the threads and put in the new clutch.
By HeikDiesel
#353410 You should really put a Keensert in those. That would be the best repair if you plan on keeping the existing housing.
By TrailerTrash
#353418 i couldnt say what i tapped it too man its been awhile ill try to get a few minutes this weekend and figure it out
By HeikDiesel
egsedanguy wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:You should really put a --Keensert-- in those.

what is that?

I actually have a few stripped holes that I need to repair. When I fix them I'll snap some pics