Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Mastermind8
#352999 Hi all, new to the forum, just purchased a stock 95 Civic LX with 68,000 original miles for my daughter. The car is mint except for a groaning/rubbing noise only when the brakes are applied at low speeds. It is coming from the front and can feel the noise in the brake pedal but the brakes function properly.

When coming to a stop the brakes start to make a groaning sound. It usually only occurs when slowing down from 20mph or less and makes the noise all the way until the car stops. The sound occurs every one revolution of the wheel. It will make the groaning noise, then stop, then make the noise again when that same part of the wheel passes.

I confirmed that the wheels and tires are not rubbing anything and the brake pads and rotors are not worn out yet. The only other detail I can provide is the CV axles have been replaced with newer axles from the 96-00 Civics, however, I don't believe this to be the problem.

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
By teal_dx
#353001 You're right, the axles are the same fit. Sounds like you're describing warped rotors to me. When you feel the noise, is it best described as a pulsating brake pedal, or a grinding feel? Did you inspect the inner and outer brake pads? In my experience, the pads on the inside of the disc (the ones you can't easily see) may wear through before the outer pads. If that's the case, you may have a slightly sticking caliper.
Also, if a car sits out for a while, rust can develop on the discs, which will usually come off after some braking.
By rafaelot017
teal_dx wrote:You're right, the axles are the same fit. Sounds like you're describing warped rotors to me. When you feel the noise, is it best described as a pulsating brake pedal, or a rachat crédit trésorerie grinding feel? Did you inspect the inner and outer brake pads? In my experience, the pads on the inside of the disc (the ones you can't easily see) may wear through before the outer pads. If that's the case, you may have a slightly sticking caliper.
Also, if a car sits out for a while, rust can develop on the discs, which will usually come off after some braking.

Great results Means no Failures. As for dyno sheet, I'll have to dig around and find it.
Thanks!