General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By tonyjdm
#222558 Hi, great write up teal_dx, you are very helpful, but i have to ask one thing, i own a EF CRX and the hard line are not like that i suppose you have in the EG

but is like that (pic take from internet)

come out of firewall with no hard lines but with these black "soft" lines...
i have to buy the same things?

ps sorry if i talk bad, im from italy
By teal_dx
#222559 Looking at the pic,
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252 ... MG0222.jpg

I see the fuel lines on the left. There is herd line on the end of the rubber line going to the filter. You'll just have to cut it off there and use a flare fitting to begin your stainless line from there, then go to your new inline filter and then to your fuel rail :thumb:
By tonyjdm
#222561 i will take a pic of my engine bay, yesterday i was checking it and seems to be veeery very short.. uhm
btw thankyou very much :D
By tonyjdm
#222562 Image

is not so clean the view, but from here i thinks should be 1 inch... is possible?
By teal_dx
#222569 Will you be using an inline filter and replacing the OEM fuel filter assembly completely?
The modifications in this thread do exactly that, so you won't have to worry about those short metal lines on top of the fuel filter assembly. :thumb:
By whitedxi
#222571 Teal can't you make me a set and ship to me? :thumb:

PM me 8)
By tonyjdm
teal_dx wrote:Will you be using an inline filter and replacing the OEM fuel filter assembly completely?
The modifications in this thread do exactly that, so you won't have to worry about those short metal lines on top of the fuel filter assembly. :thumb:

im still buying the same list of thing to do the same modify as you :D

ps. the "H" element on the pic you posted with the summit racing recive has now a different code, and i just cant understand why if your rail has 1/4 you buy a 3/4 ? :eh:
By kingjmack
#226788 Hey teal, what kind of pressure regulator and gauge are you running on this set up? I already have the line for a stock fuel rail, but I'm getting ready to gat an aem rail and want a regulator and gauge set-up just like yours.

Thanks,
Jeremy
By surinamkid
#228441 if you dont want to purchase the flare kit you can rent it at autozone for free just have to leave a deposit for it. :D
By kingjmack
#228959 Ok, Here's a twist to this mod I need help with. How could I tap into the fuel line if I plan on running a Wet Nitrous kit? I think most of the single fogger kits come with a "T" that goes in the rubber line. With this braided line, you are cutting out the part the rubber line that would have been tapped into. Any suggestions or ideas? Teal?
By kingjmack
teal_dx wrote:Do they make "T"s than can use -AN fittings? That would probably be stronger and look as good as the rest of the fuel setup.

(LOL @ myself)

Yes, they make a fitting that will thread in and look as good. About 5 minutes after I posted that question, the light bulb in my brain clicked on.

DISCLAMER - I work weird hours and had just got out of bed when I posted the question, and hadn't had any coffee at that point. LOL!

Thanks Teal.
By 94EJ2
#237516 has anybody done this on a b-series if so did you use the stock rail and what size was it ???