General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
#94940 I actually had these pics ready to upload Jan of 08, but forgot about this until someone PM'd me

I bought all this stuff back in March '06. There wasn't a lot of info online back then. I found 2 separate write ups on Hondatech. Neither one was exactly what I wanted to do, so I took parts of each write up and made my own.

Here's my caveman plans:

Note that each one is lettered. The scans below have each leter next to the part number:

and my receipt from Summit Racing:

Now it is important that you double check the fitting for your fuel rail. Mine was aftermarket because It was the only one I could find that would bolt to a y8 IM and fit a z6 AEM FPR. I believe the stock fitting you need to go into the rail is 12mm x 1.5, but double check that as I read it online and I didn't check to see if it was accurate or not.

you need a tube cutter to snip the oem metal fuel line coming into the bay.

you will also need a 37 degree flare set to make the cut fit with the -an fitting.

here's how the nut & sleeve fit over the stock line that you cut. Put the sleeve & nut on the line Before you flare it.

I'm going to go work on my car today (temp is above 40° woot!) I'll get pics of the final setup.

edit: got some pics (and found some more on my hard drive):

Pic of everything after I got home from Summit. I went back another time to get the 37° flare kit after I found that mine was 45°.
45° is on the left, 37° is on the right.

First I cut the line. I used a hand held fine tooth hack saw blade & was sure to get any metal debris out of the line with a Q-tip.

The sleeve and nut

I put the sleeve & nut on the line & then flared the end. the first time I flared a little too much and it started to crack the flared edge. So I cut it off and flared again.

Now that's a nice flare!

the 37° angle of the flare matches the tip of the fitting. The threaded nut will slide over the sleeve and screw over the AN fitting, making a tight fit on the flared tube.

Be sure to wrap everything in Teflon or you will have leaks!

I didn't get pics of every fitting going together, but it's common sense for the rest. Just be sure to use teflon on all threads and tighten, but don't over tighten. You can always tighten them more if you notice a fuel leak, but once they are stripped out they're done. The teflon will make them feel tighter.

3' of braided stainless was too much. 1.5' would have been more like it.

There's a pic I took tonight, still holding up well :thumb:
I'm not sure how often the filter should be changed though, being that it's smaller than the OEM one.

money shots with no ugly fuel filter!
Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RevinEK
#94994 wow do i ever wanta do this.. hurry with some pics :D
By Death_Blooms
#95043 Ty sir. Mine shall differ slightly as I won't be using an aftermarket fuel rail but I did find the banjo fitting for honda via earls :D
By ohDirka
#95409 Nice write up Brian. Will mostly be handy in a few months.

HondaTuning has a nice article in the mag a few months ago.
By Dippin_EG
#95424 Great Write up! I plan on doing this in spring. :thumb:
By 95civiceg
#131517 good info so what u do with all the other fuel lines
By 95civiceg
#131519 does part H Fit in to OEM and aftermarket fuel rails
By teal_dx
95civiceg wrote:good info so what u do with all the other fuel lines

I left the return line as-is. If you wanted to, you could upgrade that one to ss hose too.
By teal_dx
95civiceg wrote:does part H Fit in to OEM and aftermarket fuel rails

It all depends on the side of the fuel rail. my aftermarket was different than oem size,as mentioned in the post. You will have to check your fuel rail to see what size the thread is. I just brought my rail into Summit Racing and they measured & test fitted it right there before they ordered the parts.
By ahlee
#152225 hey there..i was wondering,can a stock fuel rail fit in?im not sure what size either.do assist its one of my upcoming project.thanks for guidance.
By teal_dx
#152251 yes you can use your stock fuel rail :thumb:
The only part that will be different in your setup is "H"
I am not sure if the fuel rail size is 12mm x 1.5 or 14mm x 1.5
I took my ebay fuel rail to Summit when I bought the fittings and they measured it for me there.
By ahlee
#152994 okay.since they have measured yours.what fuel rail are you using and the size they measured?much appreciated.
By ahlee
#153304 in another words,stock fuel rail dimension is 12mm or 14mm?since oem is 12mm