General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jeremiah0678
#97498 im having a similar problem.

93 Civic DX 1.5: D15B7: 140,000 miles

Im loosing coolant because its "boiling over" in the overflow bottle. I changed my cap, thermostat, and bled the system. Still having the coolant loss from the overflow.

So after reading this post i decided to check for a headgasket issue and did a block test. No combustion gases showed up in the cooling system (chemical stayed blue), oil is the normal color and consistancy, no oil showing in the overflow tank.

I was able to pressure test my cap, it releases at 16lbs like its supposed to. Im kinda out of options here, my last guess would be the water pump? And input would be great!
By jeremiah0678
teal_dx wrote:by block test do you mean compression or leakdown? You must be getting air forced into the system somehow...

I havent done a compression test yet (its on my list though). I used the NAPA block tester.. the one that uses the blue acid that turns yellow if combustion gasses are present in the coolant.
By psykmern
#134986 hi guys!. im newbie here. ive got some prob bout my eg4. i drove it lastday and the temperature goes up when i hit 100 -120kph. the temp goes 3/4 then il drop the speed to 80kph den it will hit to 1/2 temp. i cant speed up coz im afraid that d engine blows up. the temp doesnt change if the speed is bout 70kph down. help me plzzz. fan is ok and the coolant doesnt change or leak. y is it temp goes up when it hits 120kph. help me plzzz tnx... help me guyz :(
By teal_dx
#134987 what have you checked so far? Fan work? thermostat opening all the way? any oily film in coolant or brown gunk? Did you check your coolant level, bleed the system properly?
By psykmern
#135923 [quote="teal_dx"]what have you checked so far? Fan work? thermostat opening all the way? any oily film in coolant or brown gunk? Did you check your coolant level, bleed the system properly?[/quote]

fan works, thermostat ok, no sign of oily film , i bleed it every month. temp. increase when it hits 110kph and up wen revolution is 5000rpm. its a japs car with d15b engine eg4 body. in city driving temp. doesnt change but when i hit the highway damn i cant speed up my car i only hit it for 90kph to control the temperature from increasing. help me teal_dx. :? :?
By teal_dx
#135983 You shouldn't have to bleed it every month... this leads me to think you are slowly getting air in your coolant system. I'm betting you have a slight head gasket leak, especially since it is happening at high rpm
By psykmern
#136689 [quote="teal_dx"]You shouldn't have to bleed it every month... this leads me to think you are slowly getting air in your coolant system. I'm betting you have a slight head gasket leak, especially since it is happening at high rpm[/quote]

head gasket?! hmm il try to drop it to d shop.. tnx bro, ho much it will cost me$$$$$$$$$ hehe
By hotmayo12
#172767 hey i wanted to know how to make the radiator fan manual with a switch
By eg84dr
hotmayo12 wrote:hey i wanted to know how to make the radiator fan manual with a switch

i just looked at your other post
im glad u figured it out
for future refernce this is called thread jacking and it is frowned apon :thumb:
By lsvbeghatch
#234209 def annoyed right now lol :x :x :x

eg hatch 0bd2 ls swap i have changed the thermostat all coolant and changed the radiator the cap (now have a del sol si radiator) and my car will still jump from normal op temp to almost redlining i checked the head gasket and did a leak down test and nothing.... everything is good so im to the theory that the water pump is going bad because it will jump up then drop back down slowly the more i drive it the higher the rpm is the lower the temp is... make sense. :? . me neither lol so im really just looking for input on what it could be, im willing to try anything before tearing into a water pump timing belt and tensioner pulley lol
By Mcswens
#247179 the fan has a fuse im not sure if thats what you mean by switch but i blew my fuse one day and had to replace it and everything has worked great ever since!