General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#358115 Hi, For the past couple days my car has been throwing CEL code 21 when i start my car on mornings, but when i use the car again at lunch the light remains off, it came back on probably once while driving during the day.

I checked all the wiring to the V Tec solenoid and didn't see any defects, not sure if its the solenoid itself...
I should mentioned the problem started about 2 weeks after I placed one of those fancy Skunk2 covers on the solenoid..not sure if that did anything (trapped heat and ruined the solenoid) :headscratch:

Has anyone experienced a code 21 before? what was the fix? Should I replace the solenoid??
By teal_dx
#358121 I haven't heard of trapped heat ruining the solenoid, but you never know. This is just one of the aluminum covers that slips on over the crusty oem solenoid right? It did not involve removal of the vtec solenoid did it?

For starters, try taking the cover off and see if the CEL stops happening... maybe it will be an easy fix :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
#358125 I bought one of those covers from Ebay for mine Vtec and It didnt fit right over.
Did you by chance , bang it down ?
I have mine on the side and i'll cut it up and use it somewhere else.
By jred
#358138 I took the cover off and checked all the wiring and everything looked gud.. I decided to leave the cover off thinking it was causing the solenoid to overheat but the light still comes on at morning start up... :?
I didn't bang the cover down or anything when i put it on, it just slipped on..was a little slack too..
I have to wait till next week to go by my mech. maybe he will know whats wrong..