General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Stokes
teal_dx wrote:It definitely helps, I do not have the front engine (torque) mounts on my car anymore and I have never noticed excessive engine movement.

Awesome, thanks :thumb:
By teal_dx
#237810 It seems like that will dry rock hard. Most things that have two parts to mix together dry very hard. Polyurethane has some flex, you don't want completely rock hard solid mounts or the vibrations will be awful inside the car.
By b16mastermind
#237840 great tip deff doin this to my auto teg trans mounts
By mADmAN
#243098 wat about doing this for bushings? namely LCA bushings... namely Blox LCA bushings

good idea? or scrap it?
By teal_dx
#243119 Those are already solid bushings correct?

This method is for filling the spaces in the motor mount bushings with the holes in them which are there to allow movement.
By mADmAN
#243261 pic of blox bushings..

yeah solid... but blox bushings has a pretty bad rep for being shot way too soon...

so was wondering if this is a good way to "refurb" or "replace" the rubber bushes onces theyre shot...
By teal_dx
#243299 I have never tried... you would have to be sure that the pin is centered exactly in the middle and not crooked. I suppose you could but when you can buy an Energy Suspension master kit with every poly bushing for $125, I think that it wouldn't be worth the time + materials + chance of them not being perfect doing them yourself.
By D&G
#246607 i know the tiger sealing works wonders. we went through a wall in an accident and the mounts held up perfect the the engine didn move :)
By TrailerTrash
#248417 I tried this... I filled up my mounts and let them sit next to our woodstove where they would be roughly 75 degrees at all times. I let them sit for 3 weeks and they seemed pretty stiff. after the first 10 minute drive they had already cracked open and I didn't even beat on them. just normal driving. i have no idea how you guys are getting good results with this method. I'm gunna try the Quiksteel stuff and see how that works
By forcefedEG
TrailerTrash wrote:I tried this... I filled up my mounts and let them sit next to our woodstove where they would be roughly 75 degrees at all times. I let them sit for 3 weeks and they seemed pretty stiff. after the first 10 minute drive they had already cracked open and I didn't even beat on them. just normal driving. i have no idea how you guys are getting good results with this method. I'm gunna try the Quiksteel stuff and see how that works

I did my first set of mounts like this in my 4dr teg before I was ever on this forum, and I had nothing but good luck from them, even had the ones in my poormans r done like that too till I did a turbo ls and got innovatives :? Idk that's strange
By robster
#248456 I only did the front torque mounts after some miles driving i had to take them out there was to mutch rattel all over the car so i just bought my self some new mounts and tada!!! silence and less movement
By Gram0401
#344209 Going to the junkyard this weekend to pick up some mounts, I want to try this out
By myers503
#345586 did one can do the trick??? it is now 26 bucks here, or does someone have any other brands
By myers503
#345587 Part Number: MS 4180
Product Line: Martin Senour
Attributes:
Container Size : 11 oz