General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By gtstripes
#356686 Hey guys I know this has been covered millions of times. But Im upto the wiring vtec part of my engine conversion. (Going onto a non vtec chassis)

I have read countless posts and sites but after seeing it in person and reading online seems different I don't know a definite answer ..

Anyway to the point:

On the engine I have the pressure switch wire and the other wire that goes to the vtec solenoid. these go into the abyss of an engine loom.
Where do I actually do the wiring part?? Do I need to add wires from the shock tower plugs all the way to the ecu?

I'm probably having a fucking mind blank. But it's doing my head in.

Thanks guys!!
By suspendedHatch
#357270 Your post looks fine.
If you have the VTEC engine harness, then you just need to run wires from the passenger side strut tower plug to the ECU. Look closely at the wires on both sides of the strut tower plug. The non VTEC chassis harness will have two rubber plugs blanking out the spots where the VTEC wires normally go- the engine side will have them. Pry those plugs and out and pin in two wires to go to the ECU. You can go to the junkyard and de-pin some wires... they don't have to be the right colors. If you can't find a VTEC chassis harness just take two other wires from the same plugs. They're not that hard to remove if you detach all the tabs securing the harness and then yank them through the firewall.
By teal_dx
#357374 Not sure what year your civic is, but only 1992 models have the vtec wiring up to the shock tower. You'll need to run wires to the ecu for 93-95 civics. :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#357399 ^That can't be right teal. How else would a 93-95 Si or EX have VTEC then. Are you thinking all 92 models have vtec wired and then just the 93-95 Si and EX obviously?
By teal_dx
HeikDiesel wrote:^That can't be right teal. How else would a 93-95 Si or EX have VTEC then. Are you thinking all 92 models have vtec wired and then just the 93-95 Si and EX obviously?

That's what I meant, 1992 non-vtec cars are pre-wired up to the shock tower. :thumb:
By gtstripes
#360992 Thanks guys it has already been resolved and completed almost a year ago :thumb: :thumb:

A mate of mine is selling me his spare throttle cable so i will fix that then register the car again. Slowly getting back into the civic.

Going to be hard to spend money on it once i get the 2016 nissan patrol hehehehe