General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By mhunter90
teal_dx wrote:Have you changed the fuel filter yet?
yes
By suspendedHatch
iLLson wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:
It's quite clear that your cam timing is off.

How did u come up with that conclusion?

You have to take the timing belt off to replace the water pump. He stated that his buddy made no effort to check that the timing was correct when he put it back on. What kind of craziness is this? Either the OP doesn't understand what I'm asking or the buddy has no knowledge of working on cars. How he got that far, IDK.

The car bogs until it hits about 3000 RPM and then it runs fine. Dead ringer for the cam timing being off by one tooth.
By mhunter90
suspendedHatch wrote:
iLLson wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:
It's quite clear that your cam timing is off.

How did u come up with that conclusion?

You have to take the timing belt off to replace the water pump. He stated that his buddy made no effort to check that the timing was correct when he put it back on. What kind of craziness is this? Either the OP doesn't understand what I'm asking or the buddy has no knowledge of working on cars. How he got that far, IDK.

The car bogs until it hits about 3000 RPM and then it runs fine. Dead ringer for the cam timing being off by one tooth.
..i was not sure what he did I dont know the process..he knows how to work on cars he runs a successful shop so I trust him when he says the timing was correct..so ill be looking elsewhere for the problem
By iLLson
mhunter90 wrote:i had a buddy change out the water pump and.timing belt a couple weeks ago..whether he checked the timimg though or just left it the way it is im not sure

suspendedHatch wrote:

seems like op brought his car to his mechanic to change the tb/wp
i can only assume that op has no knowledge on how to do this himself.

he doesnt know if his mechanic set the timing or not. not that his mechanic ''made no effort".

op, just to be safe, have your mechanic check the timing.
By suspendedHatch
#353343 Ah, makes sense.

If you feel comfortable pulling off the valve cover, you can check the cam timing yourself against the marks on the backside of the cam sprocket.

As long as mechanics are human, mistakes will be made :?