General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By J-rodSmitty
#353050 The CEL flashed 6 times then once. So does that mean code 61? Not sure if im checking it right. Any help would be great.
By teal_dx
#353057 Here's how to check the code: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558

61 is o2 sensor. It's not uncommon for these to go bad and it's an easy thing to replace :thumb: Your car will run awful on a bad o2 sensor, I don't recommend driving it like that.
By J-rodSmitty
#353084 I replaced 02 sensor now CEL light flashes once. Just want CEL light off! haha
By suspendedHatch
#353144 Did you reset the ECU?

Maybe you had a code 6 and a code 1 haha. It's only if there are six long flashes and one short flash that it could be 61.
By J-rodSmitty
#353217 Well I replaced primary o2 sensor and reset light and now it flashes once
By J-rodSmitty
#353225 94 civic ex d16z6 just intake and exhaust
By J-rodSmitty
#353235 no its crap. the person before me swapped the motor. don't think they knew what they was doing. If I cant get it fixed im just gonna do a engine swap after the first of the year.
By suspendedHatch
#353266 A single flash means the ECU is bad but that never happens. Is the ECU chipped?

Don't swap the whole engine, just swap the harness and ECU if they've been tampered with. Just look things over and make sure it has the right distributor, all the trans bolts are in and all the mounts are there. Check if the MAP sensor and TPS plugs were smashed.

Most knuckleheads can swap a motor without causing many permanent headaches. It's the wiring where people make no effort to learn how to do things correctly. "Electricity??! :weee: :weee: :weee: "
By J-rodSmitty
#353341 Turns out it was my air temp sensor. How ever my CEL light is off but today it popped on and went off. Thinking it may be coolant temp sensor, read that it can cause issues without popping CEL? Any truth behind that???