General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By He89_wulf
Hello Honda world, I have a few questions
I will try to post video later on YouTube n link up here.

I am having trouble with me throttle response last night I was turning on my car and notice it idle weird high n then low that it turned off, I thought ok maybe a miss fire or something; the idle goes from up n down when I am in N" sounds like it's about to choke up, I try to take off to my destination and the RPM would just rev up n no pull from my tires like it struggled then after te lag or kicked an started throwing this awful smell that something was burning or like exhaust leak of some kind(read other post ppl suggest it's oil in the muffler) this morning the same thing with the idel problem goes up n down? I have done a complete tune up already have cleaned throttle body n vac in the back I have changed my map sensor also. And still have no clue on what's going on? Any tips out there or anyone having this issue with there d1.5 ?? Is time for a swap? Or is there a cheaper way to get more life out my engine
By teal_dx
#353048 Does it have a check engine light on? If so, that code can tell you what's wrong.
If not, some issued based on what you described could be a Vacuum Leak, Air in coolant system, IACV, bad headgasket.

How does your oil and coolant look? Any contamination?
A compression check will tell you if it is the head gasket leaking or of the valves arent sealing.
By dRaiL
#353087 Have you cleaned the fitv yet same thing happend to me it was the fitv
By suspendedHatch
#353143 Mist water over your spark plug wires when it's dark and see if there's any arcing. If so, replace the wires. Magnecor wires are the best and cost about the same as the NGKs and OEMs that everyone recommends.