General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By mhunter90
#351911 I had a little epidemic early trying to change my cap and rotor. the set autozone gave me didn't fit it was completely different. so I had to take the one off the car and bring it to them.. none of the ones they had listed for a 95 lx were similar to what was on my car. they ended up matching it up with one they said was for a newer civic vtec model..so im confused I thought that a distributor for and obd2 motor wouldn't work on an obd1?....the numbers on the distributor read d4t92-04
By mhunter90
#351935 Thats what I found too..maybe the 94-95 accord dizzy is designed similar to the one autozone thought it was and the parts fit.maybe .idk..but is it safe to be running a dizzy from an accord on a d15b7? It seems to run ok...was overheating a lil going up hill but I believe that was caused by my radiator being junk and I replaced it seems ok
By egsedanguy
mhunter90 wrote:Thats what I found too..maybe the 94-95 accord dizzy is designed similar to the one autozone thought it was and the parts fit.maybe .idk..but is it safe to be running a dizzy from an accord on a d15b7? It seems to run ok...was overheating a lil going up hill but I believe that was caused by my radiator being junk and I replaced it seems ok

could be wrong part numbers. I have seen that happen before. Working as a parts manager for body shops I have seen it all. Sometime a complete batch of parts can be packed and numbered wrong. Did the new one you got work good?
By mhunter90
egsedanguy wrote:
mhunter90 wrote:Thats what I found too..maybe the 94-95 accord dizzy is designed similar to the one autozone thought it was and the parts fit.maybe .idk..but is it safe to be running a dizzy from an accord on a d15b7? It seems to run ok...was overheating a lil going up hill but I believe that was caused by my radiator being junk and I replaced it seems ok

could be wrong part numbers. I have seen that happen before. Working as a parts manager for body shops I have seen it all. Sometime a complete batch of parts can be packed and numbered wrong. Did the new one you got work good?

No cause I looked at advance too same thing...bolt holes dont like up on the distributor and cap .and rotor wouldnt even fit on shaft
By mhunter90
#351939 But yes the new one seems to work fine
By Loaf31
#351950 I wouldnt chance it. Just grab one from a junkyard or oder one for a B7 on ebay. They're super cheap :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#352084 Yeah, that's common. Cheap mechanics would do it because Civic's weren't common to find in junkyards back then, but Accords are everywhere. It's annoying, but it works fine. If the ignition timing is correct, then there's no problem.

The Accord ignition rotor doesn't have a screw in it. That's about it.
By mhunter90
suspendedHatch wrote:Yeah, that's common. Cheap mechanics would do it because Civic's weren't common to find in junkyards back then, but Accords are everywhere. It's annoying, but it works fine. If the ignition timing is correct, then there's no problem.

The Accord ignition rotor doesn't have a screw in it. That's about it.

Thanks for the info :thumb: