General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Teo
#350957 Hi,

got a little (well maybie big) problem. Recently I have noticed that my car acts weird on idle which is pretty low. Whenever I tried to push gas pedal, rpm would drop for a second and then they would rise normally. It's like a lag . I cleaned IACV but still got the problem. Then I changed the injectors to others (same 240cc B2 injectors) but faced another problem :thumbdown: When I want to start the engine, I have to hold gas pedal, otherwise it just won't start... When I get engine running, it revs up nicely, but when I let off the pedal, engine dies. All vacuum hoses are fitted good, so I don't think there should be a problem. When I give full throttle, small amount of oil from muffler comes out, and some grey smoke . Where should I look for a problem??? Could it be, that removed coolant hoses of IACV is the problem (because somehow i managed to lose one... :x ?

My friend says that timing belt slipped... could he be right?

I'm attaching a video to show how my car acted before I changed injectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4XZsQa ... e=youtu.be

Also what about that hissing sound that comes from throttle body? Does it sound ok?

Sorry for these noob questions, it's my first car, so I'm trying to learn about it as much as possible.
Last edited by Teo on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#350970 I can't watch the video right now (I'm at work) but this:
small amount of oil from muffler comes out
is very bad, if it is actually oil coming out.
Are you sure it is not just condensation?

Also if the timing belt slipped, your pistons would have most likely smashed into the valves, causing a loss of compression in those cylinders. Unless the belt was installed wrong, it's pretty uncommon for it to jump/skip. Your tensioner would have to be bad or the water pump would have to be fried to the point of having a ton of play in the gear.

The hissing sound could be a vacuum leak. Can you determine exactly where it is coming from? If you spray starting fluid near the leak and the engine revs up for a second, then that means you have found the vacuum leak.
By Teo
#350975 Yea I'm 100 % sure that this is oil.... Well might be a good time to swap in Z6...

Hissing sound comes exactly from throttle body. It's pretty loud sucking air sound
By suspendedHatch
#350984 You can take off the valve cover and verify TDC (marks on the back of the cam sprocket) as well as check the condition of the timing belt.

The throttle body will make a loud sucking sound if you take the intake pipe off.

Why do you have a D15B2 in an EG?

No D series injectors are 270CC.
By Teo
#350986 Sorry, I meant 240cc :roll:

Ok, I'll try to inspect condition of the belt.

D15B2 because I have european LSi Civic :)