General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#350325 There's a whining noise coming from my engine bay, around the timing belt/alternator area the whine is dependent on rpm (gets louder as rpm rise),
Just last week i replaced the water pump, timing belt, tensioner pulley.....so this is a head scratcher to me because i never heard the noise before or at least i never noticed it.....

Last night a water hose burst on me and the car overheated a little but I switched the engine off before the check light came on, replaced the hose today and while running the car "test drive" i heard/noticed the noise....but there's no leaks now so it can't be the water pump "i think"...

It have a strong feeling its the alternator bearing, but at the same time i'm not sure if its the belt tensioner but would a new one make that noise? :?

I made a short video here the link for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TRddFG ... e=youtu.be
,its dark as hell since i no lights but you can here the noise im talking about, please tell me if i should be worried :pray:
By jred
#350327 Will do thanks,
wont get the time to investigate till Saturday and have to use the car tomorrow hope nothing happens..
By TrailerTrash
#350328 maybe some coolant got down in the alternator or the timing belt area, dried up, and is causing a squeak :?

other than that id try what teal suggested.

on a side note, what do you mean you turned the car off before the check light came on? my car got pretty hot at one point and no light came on
By jred
TrailerTrash wrote:on a side note, what do you mean you turned the car off before the check light came on? my car got pretty hot at one point and no light came on

well i noticed the temp needle rising slowly past the normal point and switched off the engine, usually the check light comes on earlier when overheating because of the Hondata, I guess i saw it in time :)