General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By enanoeg92
#350251 I'm pissed of right now cuz my eg won't start I've check everything the fuses the relays. The battery it will prep and everything turns on but when i step on the cluch it won't even click or anything they told me I need to get a push start button but I wanna keep everything original, as possible!! Any one??

Also anybody know of any good shops that are not bull shitters in Dallas Tx!! Hmu
By ohDirka
#350258 Bust out a voltmeter and start checking voltages. Make sure the starter has power, then have someone turn the key to see what the output is. I can't remember if EG's had a clutch switch or not, but if they do make sure that it is hooked up and working. That should get ya started.
By teal_dx
ohDirka wrote:Bust out a voltmeter and start checking voltages. Make sure the starter has power, then have someone turn the key to see what the output is. I can't remember if EG's had a clutch switch or not, but if they do make sure that it is hooked up and working. That should get ya started.

Yes they do have a clutch switch :thumb: That's the first thing I was gonna suggest checking out.

OP- tell us more history of the car. Did it ever run or did you buy it not-running? Or did you do something to the car and now it isn't starting? More info = better :thumb:
By enanoeg92
#350261 I built the car on my own for two week that I had it was working Turing on everytime just out of no where it stop working I can't figure it out yet. I did do anything out of the normal just took the type r out of one car to another So it was an easy hook up
By enanoeg92
#350268 I have checked all grounds and all the terminals I haven't checked the cluch switch but I doubt it i looking got a respectable machine shop here in Dallas by any chance do u know any??
By Axix23
#350293 see if the plunger fell out behind the pedal where it touches the clutch pedal switch. try pushing the switch with your finger and starting the car...

Same thing happened to me.
By enanoeg92
#350297 Well before that my gears when I would go on reverse the gears would lock idk if that can be the cause of anything
By enanoeg92
#350374 I've tried everything guys but nothing :(
By enanoeg92
#350417 I have hondata ecu im not sure what's in it
By JUICE
#350435 s200 or s300 with a usb cord sticking out? Or just know its a ecu with a hondata sticker slapped on it? Need to open that up and find out what's in it.

And the car isn't cranking over at all, right??
By enanoeg92
#350474 Yeah it's the s300 with the usb on the side and everything and yeah the car is not cranking everything turns on lights dash gas pump relay but won't crank
By JUICE
#350499 Has it ran since doing the swap?? Or did you drive it in a different car for two weeks before you swapped it and now it won't run?

Did you actually take off, clean up, and put the grounds back on tight or just felt that they're snug? Need to take them off and re-do. Starter won't do anything if one of those grounds isn't just right, even if it looks/feels tight, these cars are extremely sensitive to it.

I'm re-doing all my grounds this winter with thicker gauge wire and might actually add one or two for good measure because of that.