General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By andyc
#221556 good luck with it buddy, hopefully someone will give you a definitive answer on the head studs. As I say, im sure you should use new ones but not sure if you'd get away with using the old ones.... dont want another gasket going from corner cutting eh :thumb:
By Tonyp436
#221557 Ya ifeel u. Just wondering is all..bc like most of america...money is tight lol
By andyc
#221558 same here buddy [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By teal_dx
Tonyp436 wrote:Hey I'm about to do this and I have just about everything....just one question... do I need new headstuds?... I heard that I need new headstuds.... :?

92-95 head bolts are stretch bolts and are not designed to be re-used although some people do.
By andyc
#221692 There you go :D
By unclecivic
#261053 Sorry to drag up an old thread, but i just had to re-RE-do my headgasket
First time out, I *did* re-use the old head studs because I knew no better, and lo and behold, a year later I had to re-do the gasket. :x So thats one person voting for " don't re-use ".....
This time out I bought ARP studs and went that route. I apparently need to re-torque them though? :? I've run it probably 6 or 7 times since the gasket re-do.
Totally off topic, but the gasket between the header and downpipe is todays chore....
By beerys95lx
#281057 how should i break in the new head gasket just drive normal or baby it?
By Bordeaux
#302244 I am soo affraid to do any engine work. I'm affraid to fuck some shit up. But this gave me confidence to do my headgasket. Thank you!!! Pics make everything easier! :D
By hondamonstercrew
#310102 cant believe how easy you have made things for me prob a late question but would i be able swap my TB while i had all this off or would it be easier do them seperate
By Clypsay
#322534 Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was just wondering what else should I replace when I do my headgasket? I know the timing belt, water pump, and belt tensioner, but what else? I have a mini me z6
By Ajax1989
#322536 Oil pump. But not really needed
By teal_dx
#322548 I wouldn't bother with the oil pump unless rebuilding the bottom end. I would replace the head studs as they are stretch bolts on these motors - or replace them with ARP head studs. :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#322552 Awesome write up. Clean engine bay as well :thumb: