General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Eg-life
#346700 Yea I realized that lol now I'm trying to figure out how to get all the hoses and stuff that I need, I know I can buy the fuel filter but what about the fuel lines that go to and from it? And the metal part that it bolts into seeing that I'm missing everything. I can buy the vaccum canister , but need the hoses and figure out where the two way valve is.
By teal_dx
#346701 Image

That the fuel line.

That is the heater core valve. A big coolant line goes from the head to this and the hot coolant is what heats up the heater core.

Hard to tell exactly where this one goes... if it goes just under the firewall and dead ends into a plastic piece, then it is part of the charcoal canister.

Cant tell if we are supposed to focus on the bright blurry piece or the smaller one (fuel line) in this pic. The bright brass looking piece is definitely not OEM. Is that your fuel line going to the fuel rail? Maybe the previous owner tried to clean up the engine bay by eliminating the OEM fuel filter all together. That's bad to do unless you replace it with an aftermarket inline fuel filter.

Here's an inline filter (it's red & blue)
By Eg-life
#346703 I'll try to take some better pictures I took this at night so kind of hard to see .
By Eg-life
#346707 [img][img]http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii607/Jeff_Yepez/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps436b92b6.jpg.htmlhttp%3A/s1262.photobucket.com/user/Jeff_Yepez/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8d7b5397.jpg.htmlhttp%3A/s1262.photobucket.com/user/Jeff_Yepez/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps69617509.jpg.htmlhttp%3A/s1262.photobucket.com/user/Jeff_Yepez/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps60d26f8a.jpg[/img]
This looks like where the fuel line is supposed to go from the fuel filter but it's plugged.

This is where one of the fuel lines goes, idk if that's supposed to be there or not.

This is a better pic of the two fuel lines , the one that is not plugged and the other one is the fuel line that goes to the previous pic.

This is where that random hose come from

[/img]
By Eg-life
#346769 I need to know how I go about fixing the fuel lines
By teal_dx
Eg-life wrote:I need to know how I go about fixing the fuel lines

Since the oem line is already cut short and you're missing the fuel filter, it's a good reason to go with a custom inline filter:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=7858
By Eg-life
#346771 Ok I kind of get what u did but seeing as I'm not a mechanic I got kinda lost lol just being honest. So if I was to start this project I wouldnt even need to cut the fuel rail right? Seeing that it is has a tube going from the fuel line to the fuel rail . Second , would I have to replace my fuel rail as well? And I noticed u also replaced the fuel pressure regulator, should I do that too? U seem to have a guage there as well , what is that for ? Sorry in advance for all the questions, I just want to make sure I understand a 100% before I attempt this .
By teal_dx
Eg-life wrote: So if I was to start this project I wouldnt even need to cut the fuel rail right?

I had a hard time telling what was going on in your pics but it looks like your line was already cut. You would need to flare the cut end to work with the -AN fitting.

Eg-life wrote: Second , would I have to replace my fuel rail as well?

Nope, I only replaced mine because I had to find an aftermarket rail that fit an OBD2 y8 intake manifold and also fit an AEM fuel pressure regulator that was for a 92-95 fuel rail. (OEM 92-95 fuel rail doesn't fit a 96+ intake manifold.)

Eg-life wrote: And I noticed u also replaced the fuel pressure regulator, should I do that too?
You don't have to. I upgraded mine because I'm tuning for a boosted setup and wanted the option to adjust fuel pressure.

Eg-life wrote: U seem to have a guage there as well , what is that for ?
The gauge is to read the fuel pressure. You only need this if you're going to be adjusting the fuel pressure using the adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

It's all good, this forum is for asking questions and getting answers :thumb:
By Eg-life
#346777 Ok thanks for all the help . So would all the sizes be the same for all the bolts and stuff? And u ordered off of a website? Also what precaution do I have to take before starting this project ? Bcuz I feel like if I go to lossen the line fuel is going to spray every where. Is that a evap u have in the back left corner of ur engine, or vaccum canister however u call it. I just have never seen it set up like that. I also need to set that up in my car seeing tha I don't have one
By teal_dx
Eg-life wrote:So would all the sizes be the same for all the bolts and stuff And u ordered off of a website?

My aftermarket fuel rail used a weird size that was not the same as a stock fuel rail. So your stock fuel rail will use a different size. I lived 20 mins from Summit Racing when I was building that setup, so I just went there with the fuel rail and they measured it and told me what size I needed and ordered it for me. They were helpful. -AN fittings are kind of confusing if you haven't used them much before. It's a good idea to get them from a shop or retailer who can help you out.

Eg-life wrote:Also what precaution do I have to take before starting this project ? Bcuz I feel like if I go to lossen the line fuel is going to spray every where.
When you loosen the banjo bolt on the fuel rail, it will spray a tiny bit because there's a little bit of pressure in the line. Just put a rag around the firing when you loosen the banjo bolt.

Eg-life wrote:Is that a evap u have in the back left corner of ur engine, or vaccum canister however u call it. I just have never seen it set up like that. I also need to set that up in my car seeing tha I don't have one

That's a catch can used in turbo setups. It's to help separate oil from crankcase fumes. You won't need it for a stock engine. :thumb:
By Eg-life
#346783 So could I go to advanced auto to get everything ? Or would I have to go to a certain shop?
By Eg-life
#346841 I can't seem to find where to get an bolts
By Eg-life
#346853 Ok and as far as the sizes will they be the same that u had listed or would I have to figure that out? If i do have to figure it out how would I do that? Also is a charcoal canister the same thing as an evap?